Android Sketcher - Post Your Doodles!

madFive

metal[H]ead
Anyone with an Android phone who’s into drawing/painting really owes it to themselves to check this app out! I read it’s a port of “Harmony” but don't really know anything about that app or where it originated.

Sketcher is an ultra-simple paint program where you start with a white screen, pick a painting color, and use procedurally-generated faux-type brushes to create some really cool looking doodles!

I’m totally hooked on this app now – it’s as much or more fun than any game I’ve got on this phone so far. You could probably do some very realistic painting with this thing if you really wanted to, but so far all I’ve done with it is a few playful doodles.

So anyone w/ Android (I have no idea if Sketcher or similar exists for iPhone etc) install this app and post your smart-phone doodles!

image_01.jpg
image_02.jpg
image_03.jpg
image_04.jpg
image_05.jpg
image_06.jpg
image_07.jpg
image_08.jpg
image_09.jpg
image_10.jpg
image_11.jpg
image_12.jpg

Last edited:
I have to get on my Mac to post a few items from my iPhone. In the meantime, here is a link to my artwork: http://bit.ly/9bcX9L

I have the HTC Aria now (tiny phone), so I'll have to check out this app for sure :) thanks for posting!

you should seriously consider either the snesoid or psx4droid emulators..

lol - yeah, I've already got those and plenty of other games - that's not what I meant. This is the art forum, not games/mobile-phones. Sorry if I let you to believe this was a game of some kind - I just meant as an artist, I usually enjoy this app more than gaming on phone.

If you weren't already into painting, this app probably won't seem like much.

Oh, and I didn't necessarily mean this thread to be exclusively limited to this app or even android phones - just post anything similar that involves painting apps on smart-phones.

But seriously, if you're actually into art and own an android - install this post your work! It's a lot of fun. :)

Last edited:
hey madFive, you should get that American Flag sketch and throw it up on deviant art or something... you can easily sell that to average Americans.

Hell, I'd buy it for $5-10 maybe if you offered it in some random chat room link.... just an idea, wtf

Nice - thanks for the idea! I didn't know you could sell stuff through Deviant - thought it was just an image-host / social-network type site. I might have to look into starting an account.

Btw, these "doodles" are all at their original full resolution, so they'd look like crap if they were printed out. People on DA actually pay money for little thumb-nail sized graphics like this?? If so, I'm definitely going to have to look into selling there - sounds pretty sweet. :D

Back