Android (Note 8) phone search is suggesting deleted, unavailable files. Can't stop. Won't stop.

Discussion in 'Smart Phones and Devices' started by DoubleTap, Jul 12, 2018 at 7:42 PM.

1. DoubleTap

DoubleTap [H]ard|Gawd

Tried clearing all google search history, clearing all the app caches, turning off search suggestions in chrome - nothing works.

When I use the search function and type in a few letters, it suggests tons of music and media files that have long since been deleted.

Oh yeah, I also factory reset the phone and formatted the SD card.

Nothing works.

This is driving me crazy - does anyone have any idea?

2. Supersnake

Supersnake Gawd

Found something on Tom's Guide entitled How To Reset Android without losing Data where he wrote "Some Samsung phones and tablets allow you to reset Android settings without losing data while many other devices will not". He then instructs how to do this by Navigating to Settings, Backup and reset and then choosing Reset settings.

That's all well and good. But look at this sentence that he wrote preceding that information and note the word I underscored. I wonder why he wrote, "A full factory reset on most devices means wiping it clean of any data".

3. T4rd

T4rd [H]ardForum Junkie

Yeah, not sure about that one, but thanks for getting this song stuck in my head. :p