Android nerd, switched to iPhone 6 Plus

Nah, his predictions are flawless and he's the one Apple and all other companies go to when they want advice! No seriously! :p

In all seriousness, where are the 6S reviews? Do they usually come out at 10AM PST?

A bunch of early reviews surfaced Tuesday morning (WSJ and the like), so they're definitely out there. It's just that most sites had to wait for the actual launch to get their hands on review units.

Seems kind of convenient that was never brought up before when you were cherishing the HTC and Nexus. Plus, I've never seen that behavior before so doubt it's an Android issue but probably a HTC or user error issue.
Selective memory much? Me and t4rd has been posting about the memory bug of 5.0.x for a long time and said how we had to root our phones to fix it... never brought up before?!?

NVM

Last edited by a moderator:
Selective memory much? Me and t4rd has been posting about the memory bug of 5.0.x for a long time and said how we had to root our phones to fix it... never brought up before?!?

Aggressive garbage collection doesn't make you resort to rebooting your phone to make it work. That's instability if you have to do that. Clearly two different issues.

I hope you're not seriously taking credit for Apple using stronger metal, especially since Apple already announced that the Watch was going to use 7000-series aluminum at the same time that the 6 was coming out. The realistic answer is that Apple probably had the iPhone 6 design finalized before the new alloy was ready, and was already going to switch materials as soon as possible.

Of course they listen to me because I'm the consumer protection agency. Why else would they go through the hassle and expense to their profit$ when know apologists will hand over their money without resistance.

wow i actually found the first android bug that bugged me out last night:

So my Moto x pure has 2 camera apps. The native moto x camera app, and one i downloaded from the play store: google camera.

In the MXP app you can point your photos to the SD card.
In the Google camera app you cant (but i did not know this at first).

After playing around with both apps, I found that i liked the Google camera one better and so I used that as my default camera app.

Yesterday I realized that the Google camera app only has 1 setting for saved photos--> internal storage. You cannot point the photos to the SD card.

So I loaded up my file explorer and copy & pasted all my new photos i took recently onto my SD card.

Now here comes the bug:

Google Photos
and
Moto Gallery

both native apps that came with the phone, refuse to detect the moved photos no matter how many caches that I clear, hoping to force the app to refresh it's detection. I do a quick google search, and lots of people have this issue.

So I then uninstalled/reinstalled google photos. That actually made the situation worse: It couldnt find any of my old photos on my phone-- NONE. But when I took new photos with the google camera, it said my gallery had 1 photo to show... haha.

Then i just said fuck it and went to bed after i confirmed that all of my photos are infact still on my SD card. The apps just refuse to detect them. This morning I did a reboot and everything works again. Miraculously all of my photos from no matter which app I took are recognized again in both Galleries.

What I think happened:

When you boot up android, It goes through an SD card mount/unmount cycle. I suspect that if you move small files, e.g. 40mb of photos it wont trigger the apps to re-detect folders. But when you do move bigger files (e.g. movies) it will-- but this is all solved by unmounting/mounting the SD card.

Wonder where the iPhone 6S Plus will place? But I'm far more interested in where the Lumia 950 and the 950XL would place.

Wonder where the iPhone 6S Plus will place? But I'm far more interested in where the Lumia 950 and the 950XL would place.

From what I've seen the 6S and 6S Plus are much more de-saturated, although still relatively accurate, so they would probably benefit from being worked on afterwards. Although the LG G4 is probably a better choice if you are looking for a phone like that, while the S6/Edge/Note 5 seem like the best choices if you are not gonna edit at all and just want it to look good for instagram of Facebook.

Agreed though, the Lumia's should be much more interesting. Even though I don't really care for Windows Mobile, they do have some cool specs.

Went same way as OP... I was so tired of Android and constant battle to keep my Z1 running properly on 5.0.1, that I went for iOS. I don't have to root it, I don't have to constantly watch app manager to fight with excessive apps, no issues of that I an't install app on SD and I'm running out of space on my phone and such... I just can plug and play. Couldn't be happier and I guess I'll stay on apple side of fence.

And how the hell X-Style got more points that iPhone in DxO tests? My buddy has it, and we tested both phones in office, and the 6s Plus pics were much more crispy and closer to reality than Moto's.

Went same way as OP... I was so tired of Android and constant battle to keep my Z1 running properly on 5.0.1, that I went for iOS. I don't have to root it, I don't have to constantly watch app manager to fight with excessive apps, no issues of that I an't install app on SD and I'm running out of space on my phone and such... I just can plug and play. Couldn't be happier and I guess I'll stay on apple side of fence.

And how the hell X-Style got more points that iPhone in DxO tests? My buddy has it, and we tested both phones in office, and the 6s Plus pics were much more crispy and closer to reality than Moto's.

Read the rest of the thread,specifically my posts on page 16, 17 see where it ends up going :p

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1846874&page=16
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1846874&page=17

Why not try mobile transfer tool to hrelp transfer data from old phone to iPhone. It not only can sync contacts, text messages, videos, music, photos, apps, call logs, etc. from old iPhone to new iPhone 6/iPhone 7, but also allows you to transfer these files from Android to iPhone, Android to Android, Android to Symbian and more

Last edited:
Thread necromancy!!! :D

Protip: look at the dates of the last post before making new posts as on some occasions - like this one - a rather significant period of time might have elapsed.

Thread necromancy!!! :D

Protip: look at the dates of the last post before making new posts as on some occasions - like this one - a rather significant period of time might have elapsed.

And knowing OP, he's already switched back to Android, then back to IPhone...... probably a couple dozen times.

Back