Android nerd, switched to iPhone 6 Plus

...and causes one hand to be proportionally bigger due to extra workout.
We have a winner for the most absurd claim ever written by [H]'s chief Apple hater.

I can see it now... future generations born with Hellboy right-hands to adapt to the rigor of using force touch screens. Nature wins again!!!

My predictions have been spotless.

Don't need more than 3.5"/4" fallacy

No more deficient 1GB DRAM

No more cheap aluminum

No more broken all upper case virtual keyboard

Pen matters hence Pencil on iPad Prosumer

Foreground multitasking although limited to only two apps

Apple is fixing background multitasking for interactive connected apps like SSH/telnet, RDP, etc. and more...

But the solution for you is to use the non-wank hand so they're both developed. :p

Last edited:
Except for all those predictions about Samsung shipping record amounts while Apple dies every year...I guess we can just pretend those never happened though!

Overall I can't say I'm completely disappointed in the iPhone 6s, since this is what we expected, but I just don't feel the itch to upgrade to it. I'll wait for the reviews and check it out at a store or something, but I'll probably wait for whatever Android is throwing out there in Spring or the iPhone 7.

So this means you're getting an iPhone now, right M? After all, nearly everything you thought would surely doom Apple (but never did) has been taken care of.

I'm thinking about that $350 + 10% off iPad Air 2 deal at Staples/Target pricematch since I can't get rid of the curse of iPad 2 family gift but can probably replace it. But nah I don't want to relive 2012 specs and no GPS on WIFI. Now the iPad Prosumer for a good price I would consider since they'll probably ungimp multitasking by the time it gets released.

Update: So, it sounds like the reason stores are dumping the iPad Air 2 like iPad Mini 3 is because it's getting discontinued and replaced with the bigger iPad Prosumer.

Last edited:
Having the 6S and the 6, it is clear that the 6S is better in almost every way, but the weight. I'm going to press down on it harder the rest of that day to see if the 3D touch thingy works well. I also have my HTC One M8 for comparison, but I need to update that.

I'm picking up our 6s+'s this weekend, will be comparing mine to a note 3.

I as well can't wait to try out the 3D feature.

I'm picking up our 6s+'s this weekend, will be comparing mine to a note 3.

I as well can't wait to try out the 3D feature.

I can imagine it being somewhat addictive. I wear an Apple Watch (hey, I'm a total guinea pig for new tech), and Force Touch has an oddly satisfying feel. From the early reviews, it sounds like a right-click for smartphones... which opens a lot of possibilities.

I can imagine it being somewhat addictive. I wear an Apple Watch (hey, I'm a total guinea pig for new tech), and Force Touch has an oddly satisfying feel. From the early reviews, it sounds like a right-click for smartphones... which opens a lot of possibilities.
It's not as "intuitive" to me yet. I need more time with this. (I would like to reduce and the sensitivity to some things and increase them for others...) But I could get used to it.

For example, I suppose I press harder on the edges (to reach and hold maybe), so the multitasking screen keeps popping up. Maybe my case is a little bit tight...

For those Apple aficionados in the know, why would Apple for the 2nd year in a row, only give the plus model camera OIS? Isn't this a premium device regardless of whether its the 4.7 or 5.5 inch model? Here we are in late 2015 and all other factors being equal, a camera with OIS will produce better images than a non OIS camera. Why would they gimp the normal 6S yet again? Honestly curious. Not trying to flame.

For those Apple aficionados in the know, why would Apple for the 2nd year in a row, only give the plus model camera OIS? Isn't this a premium device regardless of whether its the 4.7 or 5.5 inch model? Here we are in late 2015 and all other factors being equal, a camera with OIS will produce better images than a non OIS camera. Why would they gimp the normal 6S yet again? Honestly curious. Not trying to flame.

profit margin?

That's one of the drawbacks of Apple gear. They intentionally gimp lower or smaller models. If anyone watched the recent Apple announcement Phil Schiller claimed the iPad Mini 4 is identical to iPad Air 2 but smaller. As it turns out it's false advertisement since the iPad Mini 4 has a gimped A8 SoC with lower CPU and much worse GPU performance pushing the same resolution.

Especially since a new sensor would mean fundamental changes beyond what they want to achieve on a Non-s to s model phone.

right... it creates a precedent that will cut into profit margin down the road.

Case in point, 1gb ram on the original 6+ neutered the phone. Instead of allowing users full multitask features, they gimped the phone simply because they wanted to maintain or increase profit margin.

Just look at the ipad mini specs, which they sell at about $350 and compare it to a $750 ip6+. The margins that apple makes on their phones are actually unbelievable.

I went through the same thing deciding between keeping my 6+, upgrading to 6s+, or going back to android. I can easily afford all 3 options, cost isnt an issue. But I cannot justify from a value perspective keeping my $600 6+ or upgrading to $750 6s+ over a $400 android phone that actually functions they way I prefer a smartphone would.

If "true" multitasking was so important to you, why would you get an iPhone in the first place? It's like buying a coupe when you really want an SUV. FYI everyone's phones are way more expensive than their tablets, that isn't just an Apple phenomenon. It has to do with the radios, hence why tablets with LTE chips are way more expensive ($100+ more than wifi models).

If "true" multitasking was so important to you, why would you get an iPhone in the first place? It's like buying a coupe when you really want an SUV. FYI everyone's phones are way more expensive than their tablets, that isn't just an Apple phenomenon. It has to do with the radios, hence why tablets with LTE chips are way more expensive ($100+ more than wifi models).

oops excuse me

$450 vs $750

Could be due to size -- OIS requires some extra headroom to move the sensor as you shake the phone.

If not that, it's possibly there to upsell you to the Plus. Given that Apple doesn't advertise it much, though, I don't know that is necessarily the case. It's easy to cry "conspiracy!" when you don't have evidence one way or the other.

oops excuse me

$450 vs $750

iPad mini 4 with LTE is $530, so $220. You also won't be getting any of the other radios in cellphones. I'm not sure why you try to single Apple out for this, everyone else does the same thing. How about the Galaxy Tab S2 for $400 and the Note 5 for $700?

On the OIS, first let's talk about having 16GB storage as the standard most basic iPhone in 2015. That's frigging ridiculous. Second, Apple is ripping off HTC and Nokia with the "Live Photos." That should "take care of" the lack of OIS in many cases... But without the memory, you're still fucked. Apple is making it very clear that they want people to upgrade yearly. Next year is rumored to be 32GB standard, because the manufacturers are not making 16GB anymore. So there goes Apple cashing in yet again.

That said. I got the 64GB model. Ordered a Snap Pro case. And have a camera stabilizer...

Last edited:
On the OIS, first let's talk about having 16GB storage as the standard most basic iPhone in 2015. That's frigging ridiculous. Second, Apple is ripping off HTC and Nokia with the "Live Photos." That should "take care of the lack of OIS in many cases... But without the memory, you're still fucked. Apple is making it very clear that they want people to upgrade yearly. Next year is rumored to be 32GB standard, because the manufacturers are not making 16GB anymore. So there goes Apple cashing in yet again.

There really is no excuse for that 16GB garbage, even if you can make it work if you aren't interested in storing a bunch of media. I'm using 16.2 GB right now, and even though I could get rid of some of it, that's not even a lot. 32GB should have been the standard last year, this year is just ridiculous.

"Stupidest bug" which can be fixed if you turn off siri...unlike our good old text message bug which you were pretty much screwed. But that one wasn't stupid, this one is stupider!

So what if you cracked your skull open, I bruised my left knee. It's just as bad! :rolleyes:

Don't look at me. I copied the post from iOS users and changed the link. :cool:

As for stagefright technophobia, even though I'm already patched up have also turned off auto retrieval of MMS bloat in default Hangouts app. The only few who send MMS bloat anyway are club promoters and it's kind of silly sending picture/video event rather than text is because I can't easily copy/paste address into Google Maps but they're iOS-only users.

Day 3 with the 6S. I have to say that I might not go back to Android as my daily driver, but I will definitely still upgrade the Nexus 5 to one of the upcoming Nexuses.

Day 3 with the 6S. I have to say that I might not go back to Android as my daily driver, but I will definitely still upgrade the Nexus 5 to one of the upcoming Nexuses.

Yawn... another day and another "I'm an avoid Android fan but can't stop the gay hot sex0rs with Apple" post.

What ? Dude I thought you were an Android guy ? I don't care if you like Apple's iPhone, to each their own, if you like it, good for you.

But I thought you hated the iPhone ?

I think the best smartphones of 2015 are;

- Note 5
- Huawei Nexus 6P

What ? Dude I thought you were an Android guy ? I don't care if you like Apple's iPhone, to each their own, if you like it, good for you.

- Note 5
- Huawei Nexus 6P

You obviously haven't been reading his BS posts for the last couple years have you? He goes back and forth telling everyone how good Android is, then turns around and goes on about how awesome iOS is. He's a massive troll and we'd all be better off if he was banished to some remote desert island with no internet access. He's an utter and complete moron.

Maybe he likes the new pink color.

Trying to follow the logic though. Both iOS and Nexus have stupidest bug so I would think he'd go with Note 5 which has the benefits of MST/NFC payments, VR, better than 750p resolution, pen, best technology and specs, etc.

Anyhow, it's not about being 1st but being best.

https://youtu.be/yZYiT0A9OsE

https://youtu.be/hmT0WGVjT4M

I love the homophobic accusations, and I do love pink. Keep them coming!

Fanbois go crazy if you aren't biased for a particular brand. Oh, I'm also like WP and like to see blackberry make a comeback too, so I also dance in a business suit with my pink iPhone too, huh?

All you need is love.

What's homophobic about pink? It's different and not boring like white and silver. Pink is the new gold.

I got Apple to switch to non-cheap aluminum but the monkey business glass and scratch off ticket back finish are still issues. Perhaps Apple can use that as a promotion where you can scratch off for a chance at winning a free iPhone 7 upgrade with further fixes.

https://youtu.be/Ve4sejMLkUw

And, for the HTC lovers who wrongly assume metal is durable.

https://youtu.be/ePKZLTPTDd8

- Note 5
- Huawei Nexus 6P
Other than the Pebble Time being crap on the iPhone, I don't have good reasons make me want to switch back. One thing I would have to give to Apple is consistency. Even on the Nexus 5, I would have to restart my phone twice a week. I don't remember exactly how often because I don't play games on the Nexus anymore. I find that playing large games on Android almost always mean that I have to restart the phone. The next Nexuses and Android M might surprise me though. I still hate the walled-garden, but this is a phone first and foremost. My HTC One M8 after 5.0.x crashes and locks up so often after playing a few games that, when a call comes through, I can't even answer it. Rooting and putting 5.1 on it fixed it, but I still had to restart the phone twice a week because of some eventual lag just like on the Nexus. And one should never have to root to remove bloat or fix things. So I'm done with all OEM skins now despite how much I actually like SenseUI.

There were a lot of apps that crashed when my iPhone 6 first upgraded to 9.0 though, but it's mostly all good now.

On the iPhone 6 S, I don't think I've ever want to get back to a phone without the "right click" functionalities of the 3D touch. I didn't expect it to make that much of a difference. It's almost like androids swipe functions on some launchers in the menu bar and also holding down some buttons, but without the wasted time. That said it did take a couple of days to get used to the pressure sensitivity.

P.S. Reminder for people why I got an iPhone in the first place is TMo jump demand deals. Now it's even cheaper at $5 a month as opposed to $15. I got the 64GB version so it's been adjusted to $4 a month with $100 up front.

Last edited:
Even on the Nexus 5, I would have to restart my phone twice a week. I don't remember exactly how often because I don't play games on the Nexus anymore. I find that playing large games on Android almost always mean that I have to restart the phone.

Seems kind of convenient that was never brought up before when you were cherishing the HTC and Nexus. Plus, I've never seen that behavior before so doubt it's an Android issue but probably a HTC or user error issue.

I got Apple to switch to non-cheap aluminum but the monkey business glass and scratch off ticket back finish are still issues. Perhaps Apple can use that as a promotion where you can scratch off for a chance at winning a free iPhone 7 upgrade with further fixes.

I hope you're not seriously taking credit for Apple using stronger metal, especially since Apple already announced that the Watch was going to use 7000-series aluminum at the same time that the 6 was coming out. The realistic answer is that Apple probably had the iPhone 6 design finalized before the new alloy was ready, and was already going to switch materials as soon as possible.

I hope you're not seriously taking credit for Apple using stronger metal, especially since Apple already announced that the Watch was going to use 7000-series aluminum at the same time that the 6 was coming out. The realistic answer is that Apple probably had the iPhone 6 design finalized before the new alloy was ready, and was already going to switch materials as soon as possible.

Nah, his predictions are flawless and he's the one Apple and all other companies go to when they want advice! No seriously! :p

In all seriousness, where are the 6S reviews? Do they usually come out at 10AM PST?

Back