Android apps fail to authenticate & access cifs/smb shares on zfs

acesea

Limp Gawd
I've been unable to successfully access my cifs shares with any of my Android devices. I've tested a Nexus S 2.3.4 and a Motorola Defy w recent Cyanogen and installed any and all apps I found on the market that offer smb/cifs features. Every single app fails to authenticate using correct usernames and passwords for the cifs share that is on Oracle Solaris 11 Express.

SambaExplorer and some other app is able to connect anonymously w/o user/pw and allows me to browse the cifs' available folders but prevents me from authenticating to browse files.

Anyone successfully access their zfs shares from an Android device?

Last edited:
I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Every app I have tried ends up with incorrect login details error messages. The same apps work fine when accessing windows shares. Smb shares I am attempting to access are in OI and configured via napp-it. As per OP if I login anonymously then I can see the shared folder but cannot open them. Apparently the app cifsmanager will work but it requires a rooted device. I'm really hoping for a working solution without having to do this. Maybe the solution could even be achieved by changing something on the host?

Back