And you complain about the RIAA sueing people?!!! Go check this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enduring_Warrior

[H]ard|Gawd
Apparently the German Goverment is considering to imprission anyone related to "much violent games", including developers, retailers and gamers too:
Go figure it out. Natzi Symbols are forbidded and yet, they are still in a totallitary train of thought. Makes me wonder, what happens when a society has "solved" most if its issues. Like for instance, Why are there so many suicides in Sweeden and countries alike? Human Nature is something serious.

http://www.getintothegame.com/pages/news/story.php?id=6163059

no, it's not, but it's irrelivent. As ScYcS said in his other post we've got these same types here in the US who want all violent games banned because it makes us "desensitized" or something blah blah blah.

well, i could give you about 10 sources about this in german to back upo my statements. If you can read german, i'm more than happy to send these to you via PM.

This article was sensation journalism at best and contains half truths and quarter assumptions. Essentially what really happened was that there was a school shooting, the student was CS player, the usualy "oh my god, the videogames are guilty" discussion started and in two weeks nobody will talk about it anymore. Same as here in the US after every other school shooting.

here's the most reputable source btw:

http://www.zeit.de/news/artikel/2006/12/06/83534.xml

"Die Zeit" is one of the most serious german newspapers and not some far cry from a serious getintogaming.com website.

I even give you a quick rundown on what it essentially says:

The german justice department rejected the initiative from the german politican (Beck) since it carries no benefit to the people and will and would not prevent violence.

So funny. It's like people think these games actually give players experience holding and shooting a gun. If weapons manufacturers starting making keyboard/mouse guns, THEN we should worry.

Well, maybe we should keep an eye on people who play Wii shooters :p

ScYcS said:
http://www.zeit.de/news/artikel/2006/12/06/83534.xml

"Die Zeit" is one of the most serious german newspapers and not some far cry from a serious getintogaming.com website.

I even give you a quick rundown on what it essentially says:

The german justice department rejected the initiative from the german politican (Beck) since it carries no benefit to the people and will and would not prevent violence.
thanks for doing the research for me. I was about to be appalled. I somewhat understand why the German government has strict rules and regulations on right-wing hate speech (though I think the same ought to be applied to the left wing anarchists as well) outlawing the development of violent games is total bologna.
GJSNeptune said:
So funny. It's like people think these games actually give players experience holding and shooting a gun.

People are generally afraid of things that they do not understand. I assume that I am a normal person. I do not have any urges to run around and shoot or kill a bunch of people. If someone seemingly normal does this, it makes me wonder why he did it and also afraid since I do not know how to prevent this from happening again, possibly endangering my life.

GJSNeptune said:
So funny. It's like people think these games actually give players experience holding and shooting a gun. If weapons manufacturers starting making keyboard/mouse guns, THEN we should worry.

Well, maybe we should keep an eye on people who play Wii shooters :p

I agree, I'm not sure how people equate playing a video game with this kind of actions. Short of pulling a knife out to run faster, what clues do they have? Is the more likely possibility not that this kid was just a psycho and did something terrible?

HECK NO, It's the games! They imprinted in his mind that killing is fine and such!

Then technically Tae-Bo people should get the impression that doing their one two punch knee combo on other people is fine too...

well now that they have those damn "christian democrats" in power with Merkel, I can only expect things to go down the shitter.

BladeVenom said:
The same thing could happen here if Hitlery Clinton were to ever get elected. I hope you like Barbie Adventure games.
haha barbie adventure...

anyways, if they used the same standards they did with shooters then we should probably ban barbie adventures too because it will lead to low self-esteem in generations of young girls who then turn to abusive boyfriends who end up killing them somtimes.
It was the video games fault!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back