And while im on the CS:S subject...

TheBluePill

2[H]4U
How could they screw up the M4 so bad?

The Rifle is backwards from 99.9% of the M4’s out there, it’s a left handed model. The character models in CS:S are all right handed, so they would in fact be getting a face full of brass when the weapon fires.

The rifle has a catch on the left side magazine well to close the bolt when you have installed a fresh magazine after firing through one. It is a simple slide of the hand after placing the magazine in the rifle to close the bolt. Using the charging handle to chamber the first round is the slowest way to make the weapon ready to fire.

The breech dust cover does not close after every shot. It is spring loaded and once open has to manually be closed by the user.

Almost every M4 has a flash hider installed on the end of the threaded barrel. There would not be a large fireball coming out of the barrel unless you had a sub 14” barrel installed.

To install a suppressor you must unscrew and remove the Flash hider first, unless you have a special suppressor that attaches on the end of the flash hider (rare).

Um, the people who made CS know nothing about guns, and the guy who made the models was left-handed. It's just a game.

The fact that you thought this was a big enough error to warrant a post scares me on multiple levels.

Guys, he has his opinion, and I'm inclined to let him state it. Don't crap his thread if you don't have anything relevant. If you want to discuss or debate please feel free, if not then don't post.

Frangible said:
Um, the people who made CS know nothing about guns, and the guy who made the models was left-handed. It's just a game.

The people who made the game have always known that model was wrong, but they chose to keep it like that way because they think the model looks better or something. So it wasn't ingnorance, it was a conscious (but questionable) decision.

You seem to know alot about guns. The M4 pwns in CS:S, its my specialty gun.

Doe's the MP5 Navy look pretty accurate?

TheBluePill said:
How could they screw up the M4 so bad?

The Rifle is backwards from 99.9% of the M4’s out there, it’s a left handed model. The character models in CS:S are all right handed, so they would in fact be getting a face full of brass when the weapon fires.

The rifle has a catch on the left side magazine well to close the bolt when you have installed a fresh magazine after firing through one. It is a simple slide of the hand after placing the magazine in the rifle to close the bolt. Using the charging handle to chamber the first round is the slowest way to make the weapon ready to fire.

The breech dust cover does not close after every shot. It is spring loaded and once open has to manually be closed by the user.

Almost every M4 has a flash hider installed on the end of the threaded barrel. There would not be a large fireball coming out of the barrel unless you had a sub 14” barrel installed.

To install a suppressor you must unscrew and remove the Flash hider first, unless you have a special suppressor that attaches on the end of the flash hider (rare).

I thought to myself the same thing, I just recently requalified for the M4 in the Air Force, and I was like, I dont remember the catridge ejector being on that side. I wish it was though, I am left handed and I always get burned. Funny on the dust cover thing as well.

If they were going for all of this "realisim"with it, I wonder how they could miss so many details on their signature firearm?

Considering CS is a simple mod for half-life, how can you expect them to have enough money to get proper research on these guns. I know now they have a much larger budget, but still. I do see your point though, just thought i'd put my thought on here.

TheBluePill said:
If they were going for all of this "realisim"with it, I wonder how they could miss so many details on their signature firearm?

They never were going for ANY realism... It's basically the same as 1.6, just slightly changed a bit. Though CS:S gameplay is garbage now.

i just loaded up css to see if this was true and i noticed all the guns were backwards except the para ._.

You should e-mail this to them, and maybe they will make a model/skin change to reflect a current M4. I personally wish they would have went with the MA81 myself. ( I can't remember the exact model number, but I am sure that you gun hobby people know what rifle I am talking about )

Json23 said:
You should e-mail this to them, and maybe they will make a model/skin change to reflect a current M4. I personally wish they would have went with the MA81 myself. ( I can't remember the exact model number, but I am sure that you gun hobby people know what rifle I am talking about )

Bayonette?

I might just mail them..

Developer: Wow look at the pretty brass fly! I can't see it if it goes to the right, so I'll make it fly to the left.

^^^yup that would be my guess as to the reason for it as well.

If the skins bother you so much, just download new ones. None of the skins in my cs folder are the origonal. One that I have (dont rember what gun) everytime you pull the gun out and camber the round it shows brass get thrown out. Makes me laugh everytime, now if only it would minus that from your mag count. I cant stand the constant chambering in that game, imagine how much clean ammo would be lying around after a battle.

Back