And so it begins...480GTX SLI WC loop build

Looks great man! My XSPC dualbay has been dremeled down to size and though it hits about the last 1-2", that is without the front panel on. So it should be good to go! I also got a FC6 coming looks great on the 800D too! Nice work!

sweet! yeah a little dremel work never hurt anyone (unless u were me and decided to try grinding without eye protection on, dumb idea) Put up some pics when your done!

Hey Gpitpitan

Can you measure the distance between the front of the card (the part that gets screwed in) to the first fitting? I'm creating a pass through hole on my mid plate and want to line up a future 480 GTX card. Plus on those eK 480 GTX Blocks, is there an (in / out) or it doesn't matter on GPU blocks? Your system looks awesome man...

If i understood your question correctly...the distance between the backplate of the card to the first fitting on the EK waterblock is about 5" to 5 1/4".

Also, as far as the EK blocks, it doesnt matter, you can run your inputs and outputs any way you want. Also, if your thinking of using the SLI block system check out EK's website and download the PDF instructions. It diagrams exactly what you can do with serial and parallel loops with the block setup.

Let me know how it goes.

Edit: Noiseblocker 1700rpm just came in....MUST HAVE UPGRADE imo for the intake 140mm on the bottom. (link here for what i got: http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...oduct_info&cPath=36_316_844&products_id=27344) At full speed it is slightly noticeable imo, and thats if you put your ear pretty close to the unit. I have mine hooked up to the final channel on my FC6 so no problems at all. Also, it moves an absolute ton more air into the case, which should help maintain temps if your using an h70 or other rad in an exhaust setup like I am.

Greetings Gpitpitan,

Actually when you lay the card down on it's back (GPU chip facing up) with the water block on. Then take the first fitting that's on the left side. Measure the distance from that fitting to the metal bracket that gets slide into the case. That's the first measurement.

Second measurement is the same concept of the card laying on it's back. Take the first fitting on the left and measure the distance from that fitting to the PCIe connector of the card.

So one measure from first fitting to the left. Then second measurement from first fitting to the bottom of the card. :)

sweet! yeah a little dremel work never hurt anyone (unless u were me and decided to try grinding without eye protection on, dumb idea) Put up some pics when your done!

Will do. Have updated my thread with pics. The parts pics look a lot like yours, all the EK boxes and what not. Here's 2 pics showing the dualbay work:

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1806.jpg

NICE work dude! I'm Lovin' it. Should be able to get some hot girls with that build.

hahaha. That's why we get in the game, baby! Ask any singer why he performs- women- same thing with case modders!

Also - gpit after looking a second time- this is one of the cleanest water cooling sli setups I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Greetings Gpitpitan,

Actually when you lay the card down on it's back (GPU chip facing up) with the water block on. Then take the first fitting that's on the left side. Measure the distance from that fitting to the metal bracket that gets slide into the case. That's the first measurement.

Second measurement is the same concept of the card laying on it's back. Take the first fitting on the left and measure the distance from that fitting to the PCIe connector of the card.

So one measure from first fitting to the left. Then second measurement from first fitting to the bottom of the card. :)

lol ill get to that tomorrow afternoon. Its late and i had to advanced RMA my rampage III because of a hyperthreading issue that apparently wasnt the CPU's fault as i thought it would be. So once the replacement comes in and i need to tear everything out, ill get that for you.

Took the measurements like you asked to the first fitting, both measurements are 4 1/2".

Nice build gpitpitan, a lot of the hardware you used is exactly what I was looking at to build my own WC system. I think I am gonna go 100% EK for all things watercooled however. Let us know how your system continues to evolve and perform.

Back