Ancient Software, how to back up?

narsbars

2[H]4U
I have some ancient language training CDs that I am trying to figure out how to back up. Some sort of copy protection make copies fail. I would like to back up on USB so I don't lose them. I even had to dig through the junk pile to find a cd/dvd player.
Anyone have memories of the old days and have a suggestion? Imgburn, clonecd, have failed.

unhide files and copy all the data off it. see if you can then initiate an install from the copied files. if so, save them to whatever/where ever you want. if not, poweriso or isobuster might copy it....

unhide files and copy all the data off it. see if you can then initiate an install from the copied files. if so, save them to whatever/where ever you want. if not, poweriso or isobuster might copy it....
NG on isobuster, will try power iso P.S. The copied files are not recognized by the program, so an iso is needed. There are five disks in the set.

NG on isobuster, will try power iso P.S. The copied files are not recognized by the program, so an iso is needed. There are five disks in the set.
cant even point to them? pc miler is the last thing i tried this with (2 disks) and when installing i could point to the other files.
the disks are good? they install correctly on their own, no scratches etc...

cant even point to them? pc miler is the last thing i tried this with (2 disks) and when installing i could point to the other files.
the disks are good? they install correctly on their own, no scratches etc...
The only thing I have been able to create is a combination cue & bin files. Then I end up with a new problem, I probably don't know the right way to convert them to iso after trying several products.

The only thing I have been able to create is a combination cue & bin files. Then I end up with a new problem, I probably don't know the right way to convert them to iso after trying several products.
the copy program should rip straight to iso, if you getting bin/cue you should still be able to burn it by dropping it all into the "files" window. i also used to use nero for everything optical disc related, maybe give that a try, it has a "copy" function too...

Back