[Anandtech]Ryzen 2500X And Ryzen 3 2300X Benched

CAD4466HK

2[H]4U
These are OEM chips for now, who knows when or if we will ever see them in the wild.
The 2500X is the star of the show, beating out the 2600 in many benches owing to the fact of having higher base and turbo clocks,

The main obvious reason for not releasing several parts at similar price points is to cannibalize each other’s sales – by offering the 2500X and 2300X as OEM-only parts, it allows AMD to maintain a rigid stock based on order requirements, while the 2400G/2200G can be sold on the open market. There could be the argument from the side of PR that at this price bracket, $150 and below, emerging markets benefit most from integrated graphics solutions. But that doesn’t preclude selling these parts at retail elsewhere in the world. Regardless of the reasons, we still wanted to test these CPUs to see where they stand, and ultimately if the sub-$150 plus discrete GPU self-builder would benefit from a CPU-only option.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13945/the-amd-ryzen-5-2500x-and-ryzen-3-2300x-cpu-review

Yeah, I just don't see a retail market for these and I called this since the launch of Ryzen 2.

The 2500x has some nice performance gains over the 2400g, but pricing it below the 2600 will be tricky. The power draw is a bit crazy too.

The 2300x might work at $110 though it would only be worth getting if you plan on buying a low end gpu and never upgrading since it is only 4/4 cores. Even then, having the backup gpu of the 2200g is nice and both APUs can clock pretty well.

Exactly, I cant see what or who the target market is for this chip? Quad core chips are becoming a thing of the past. There is no embedded GPU, its not really an R5 because its only a quad core. Etc.....

Maybe AMD is just offloading all the excess bad dies that didn't make the cut as 2600 and 2600x chips.

And I love my 2600x. Its an awesome cpu.

Now on the other hand there are some features that the APUs wont have that the Ryzen CPUs will have such as AES instruction sets for enhanced crypto performance. The APUs to my knowledge lack this function, I could be wrong. I am sure there are more performance features not related to just nm and frequency and cores.

I was thinking this would be an OEM only part. These are probably destined for low end gaming systems with something like an RX560-RX590 and 1050-1660Ti where the absolute price is key (sub $600 usually).

Exactly, I cant see what or who the target market is for this chip? Quad core chips are becoming a thing of the past. There is no embedded GPU, its not really an R5 because its only a quad core. Etc.....

Maybe AMD is just offloading all the excess bad dies that didn't make the cut as 2600 and 2600x chips.

And I love my 2600x. Its an awesome cpu.

Now on the other hand there are some features that the APUs wont have that the Ryzen CPUs will have such as AES instruction sets for enhanced crypto performance. The APUs to my knowledge lack this function, I could be wrong. I am sure there are more performance features not related to just nm and frequency and cores.
Dell, HP, Etc.
Edit: In fact, the HP Obelisk 875-0020RZ can be configured with a Ryzen 2500X right now (or a 2600, or 2700).

Last edited:
Back