Anandtech: GlobalFoundries Sues TSMC Over Patent Infringement; Apple, Qualcomm, Others Named Defenda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowdog

[H]F Junkie
Those who can't, Patent Troll:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/1479...gement-apple-qualcomm-others-named-defendants
GlobalFoundries has filed a lawsuit against TSMC and its clients in the USA and Germany alleging the world’s largest contract maker of semiconductors of infringing 16 of its patents. Among defendants, GlobalFoundries named numerous fabless developers of chips, including Apple, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, and many others. The plaintiff seeks damages from TSMC and wants courts to ban shipments of products that use semiconductors allegedly infringing its patents into the USA and Germany.

If you can't beat 'em - sue!
now to go read the article and see what merit there may be to this.

Edit: Now after reading the article, I find it very interesting that the list of TSMC clients listed, AMD isn't one of them. I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason for that, but still perks up my "suspicious radar"

Last edited:

Edit: Now after reading the article, I find it very interesting that the list of TSMC clients listed, AMD isn't one of them. I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason for that, but still perks up my "suspicious radar"
It's the American way.

Also, someone beat you (Snowdog) to it:
https://hardforum.com/threads/globalfoundries-files-patent-claims-against-tsmc.1985849/

Yea I saw that too. I guess That is because AMD is still giving them plenty of business to keep them busy.

Happens. I thought I checked with "show ignored content" but somehow still missed it.

Not an excuse that will hold up in the [H] kangaroo courts. Best to pretend-lawyer-up now, get a witness to testify that they thought that you thought of posting it first and try for an off-forum settlement. Innovation through litigation :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back