An Official Blizzard Entertainment World of Warcraft blade server

Not going to lie, this is something I'd love to have. I played religiously during the Vanilla, TBC, and WotLK days. If I was able to hold the server blades that I originally played on, and created thousands of hours of memories on, I would be very happy.

Guess if I ever see an Azgalor, Burning Legion, or Stormreaver server blade pop-up for sale and at a reasonable price then I'd have to fight temptation off pretty vigorously.

I'd buy Arthas if it was reasonably priced and up for grabs. Wasted more than a few (hundred) hours playing vanilla on that server...

Holy crap, I remember when they had the initial charity auction. The less popular relms went for way less than $500 iirc.

Bit of a price tag, eh? I'd have to fight off temptation myself if Windrunner ever appeared for sale, that was my first server. Perhaps Kel'Thuzad as well.

Agreed, very pricey but it probably wasn't meant for normal middle class to purchase anyway hence the price

I have to agree that the blade server with the display looks very cool though.

Good find

I'd hate to see a popular server price... like Ticondrius, Illidan, Malganis, etc.

I wish I had 6 grand to piss away. tho I run my own server now.. Maybe I can sell mine one day hahahaha

Anyone see Khaz Modan?

I wonder if they are bootable? I know very little about how servers of this type work.

If you had the right chassis Im sure it would boot up. Im sure you dont have the passwords and all that to get it logged in and im sure it would need settings to connect with other servers. Im not sure back then if realm and character DB's and such were all together or kept on seprate servers, if we knew what size hard drives were in it we could guess. being 04 im guessing @x dual core xeons. Maybe quads if lucky.

About 1 day left. I think $6k is probably too much for most fans that would be interested in buying this. I would only pay $2-2.5k if my original server blade popped up.

Didn't sell and it looks like this was relisted at half the price; it is now $2,999. I think at this price its much more likely to sell.

Reactions: erek
like this
I wonder if you could play WOW at 4k decent responsiveness on one of these? No doubt need to add a GPU.

Last edited:
Reactions: erek
like this
Man I'm really kicking myself for not pulling the final trigger on one of these back when they were originally up for auction from Blizzard.

From what I recall there was only a minute or two left on the auction and I had gotten outbid a few times then the price went to a petty 250 or so and I gave up because I was a poor poor college student.

It was the server I played on in vanilla too.

All your truly paying for is a plaque, thats it. other than that this plade is worth about 15 bucks IF you have the blade center to run it in.

All your truly paying for is a plaque, thats it. other than that this plade is worth about 15 bucks IF you have the blade center to run it in.
People who most likely would buy this buy it for the sentimental value, especially if they played on that server hardware itself. Many people spent hundreds, if not thousands, of hours playing World of Warcraft over several years (myself included). Some of my fondest gaming memories are from that game.

People who most likely would buy this buy it for the sentimental value, especially if they played on that server hardware itself. Many people spent hundreds, if not thousands, of hours playing World of Warcraft over several years (myself included). Some of my fondest gaming memories are from that game.

I know this, hence I have my own "Playground" so I never have to go without it.

Back