An Intro to Fallout 4 VR, pre-launch overview (free locomotion confirmed!)

Ragenrok

Supreme [H]ardness
So like many of you I was very disappointed in Doom's lack of proper locomotion. Fallout 4's lead producer has just released a new video for us showing off the game and different features such as movement, combat (including VATS) and power armor. This game just went much higher up my going to purchase list.

here is a nice summary of new info

System Specs

MINIMUM:

Processor: CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 or AMD FX 8350 or better

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD RX Vega 56 or better

Storage: 30 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

Memory: 16 GB RAM

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 / AMD RX Vega 64

Storage: 30 GB available space

Movement and Comfort Options: You can choose your preferred movement in Fallout 4 VR. The game will default to teleportation mode, but you can switch over Direct Movement by simply going into Main Menu -> Settings -> VR -> and toggling Direct Movement on. Fallout 4 VR also includes other player options like left-handed mode, vignette settings to make smooth locomotion even more comfortable. For players who choose to play in a smaller room scale, you can use World Rotation options to snap turn left and right without needing to turn all the way around. Also optional Activation Helpers help players be more precise when picking up objects or interacting with the world. You can adjust any of these options anytime by going into the game’s “Main Menu” and selecting “Settings” and then “VR.”

Favorites Menu: To quickly access your favorite weapons and items, you can rotate and select them by rotating your thumb on the touchpad. V.A.T.S. is completely redone so you can aim and move around your targets in real time, while the world and enemies around you slows down. The camera is always in the player’s control for optimum comfort.

Pip-Boy: Your Pip-Boy is now a realistic extension of your arm and wrist. Simply raise your arm and turn your wrist to see your Pip-Boy appear in game. Even scale the size of the Pip-Boy. If you’re going for maximum comfort, you can display the Pip-Boy as a projected menu for even easier access.

Weapons: For melee weapons or tactics like gun bashing, simply swing the primary controller to knock out your enemies. Realistically aim and shoot using ranged weapons or be even more precise with Iron Sights. Also don’t forget, you can throw grenades at your foes by squeezing and holding the side grips of the primary controller and then releasing when you’re ready to throw. Quickly reload by tapping the side grips.

Settlements: Scroll through the building pieces with one controller while the other controller can be used to move around items around. Players can scrap items the same way. You can move around in Workshop Mode by teleportation to make building structures even faster.

Back