An [H]-like site for laptops?

SamuraiInBlack

Supreme [H]ardness
Sorry if this question has been asked before. Nothing relevant came up in the searches I did.

Is there any site that really puts laptops through the gauntlet like [H] did?

There's a couple sites I did find but the articles are frustrating to read. There's really no set way they review the laptops. Each review seems like it was written by a different person and they don't cover all the bases on it or even really go in depth on performance. And the layout also equally feels just as disorganized.

harmattan

Supreme [H]ardness
There's probably one or two others, but the only site I'm aware of that really seems to go deep on laptops is NotebookCheck.
Notebookcheck is a great resource, and has grown from a small German-based outfit to essentially the end all be-all enthusiast site for laptops (and other mobile tech). I remember having to get German friends to help me translate their reviews back in the day before Google translate was prevalent... Their benchmarks aren't as in depth as desktop sites on GPU performance e.g. they rely heavily on synthetics and simple game test runs, but nonetheless, they cover a huge gamut of stuff. Other aspects of their testing e.g. cooling and display tests are second to none.

The site is run by two brothers and is one of the few remaining independent, quality, objective text-based reviewers out there (so, similar to former [H] in that respect).

Aurelius

2[H]4U
You might also want to look at Just Josh on YouTube. He reviews laptops beyond just the specs to include the harder-to-quantify things like build quality, noise, keyboard and trackpad feel, that sort of thing. He will consider performance, of course, but he's an antidote to the "specs are all that matter" crowd that would have you buy a very fast but shoddily made system.

schizrade

Supreme [H]ardness
There is a lot of shilling and fanboying with laptops. The Reddit crowd is 1000% focused on the spec sheet, and then cry when their spec'd out shit build machines shit the bed.