an error occurred while loading the cue sheet file

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I got this error on Line 8 w/ Nero

Then I use Ashampoo and got the same error.

Can anyone help?

====================================

REM GENRE Pop
REM DATE 1984
REM DISCID 6C09320A
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.95b4"
CATALOG 0000000000000
PERFORMER "Jennifer Rush"
TITLE "International Version"
FILE "JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion.ape" WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Madonna's Eyes"
FLAGS PRE
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "25 Lovers"
FLAGS PRE
INDEX 00 03:42:10
INDEX 01 03:45:00
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "Come Give Me Your Hand"
FLAGS PRE
INDEX 00 07:20:23
INDEX 01 07:21:55
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE "Nobody Move"
FLAGS PRE
INDEX 00 11:12:18
INDEX 01 11:13:17
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE "Never Gonna Turn Back Again"
FLAGS PRE
INDEX 00 14:27:21
INDEX 01 14:28:50
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE "Ring Of Ice"
FLAGS PRE
INDEX 00 17:57:42
INDEX 01 17:58:37
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE "Into My Dreams"
FLAGS PRE
INDEX 00 21:49:24
INDEX 01 21:51:05
TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE "I See A Shadow Not A Fantasy"
FLAGS PRE
INDEX 00 25:53:16
INDEX 01 25:54:62
TRACK 09 AUDIO
TITLE "Surrender"
FLAGS PRE
INDEX 01 30:12:67
TRACK 10 AUDIO
TITLE "The Power Of Love"
FLAGS PRE
INDEX 00 33:27:32
INDEX 01 33:28:62

I'm assuming the actual file you're using is called JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion.ape because that's what the cue file is looking for. If it's JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion.flac or .wav or something else you'll need to rename it so it's exactly the same as what's being requested in the cue file, or edit the cue file appropriately.

Also, Nero may not be able to decode APE files (Monkey's Audio Lossless) so you might have to convert the APE file to FLAC or something, even perhaps WAVE for Nero to be able to access/decode/burn the file properly. I don't burn audio CDs (haven't done that for like 15 years now) so I can't speak for Nero's capabilities these days.

It could be that Ashampoo as well as Nero can't decode APE and reports error

WHat other software is there that works w/ APE?

Use something like foobar2000 to convert the APE files to FLAC (one big file that comprises the entire album, mind you and then change the .ape to .flac in that cue file), it's a fairly simple process. You could use dbPowerAmp has a music converter function as well. APE is a great lossless audio format but it's not supported nearly as well as FLAC is.

I install Foobar2000, it seems that it can't read the file format, which is strange.

===========================================

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported file format):
"H:\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion.cue" / index: 1

"H:\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion.cue" / index: 2

"H:\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion.cue" / index: 3

"H:\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion.cue" / index: 4

"H:\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion.cue" / index: 5

"H:\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion.cue" / index: 6

"H:\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion.cue" / index: 7

"H:\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion.cue" / index: 8

"H:\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion.cue" / index: 9

"H:\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion.cue" / index: 10

"H:\JenniferRush_1984_InternationalVersion

If you'd just convert it to FLAC or WAV you wouldn't have these issues. You're wasting time and effort working with APE when it plainly seems your setup currently just isn't going to decode the APE file properly. Use dbPowerAmp to convert it to FLAC or WAV and go from there. Personally I would suggest you convert it to individual tracks and not one big single file but that's just me.

I just downloaded it, thanks. Now, what is the difference between:

Lossless -- Level 8 Highest

vs.

Lossless Uncompressed

It doesn't matter: FLAC and WAV and APE are all lossless meaning they don't lose any quality whatsoever. The "level" is just the level of compression or how much it'll compress; for FLAC level 8 is the highest compression resulting in the smallest files but takes the longest to do the compression. This isn't relevant at this point since you're doing this one time (I presume) to be able to burn the audio files and make an actual audio CD.

Lossless uncompressed should result in WAV format files if it's done properly and they'll be quite large by comparison to a FLAC file of the same track.

I just checked and it appears the dbPowerAmp has a CD writer plugin (free of charge) that works with the free version of the program and would allow you to be able to burn that APE file directly to an audio CD more than likely. I can't guarantee such a thing but it does seem like a working possibility. The CD writer can be found at:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/cdwriter.htm

Note that it says it's not compatible with the 64-bit version of dbPowerAmp so if you're using that (trial version, maybe) then you'll have to install the 32-bit version to use the CD writer capability.

And after doing some research there's a tool called Burrrn that appears to be able to burn an APE + CUE fileset to an audio CD so that's worth checking out too:

http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=6

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the help. I manage to get it to work. I convert the file from APE to FLAC, edit the CUE file, and burn it w/ Nero

Prior to the above, I grab another software call a APE to FLC converter. Total garbage, it cut off the song at the wrong spot, so the ending of song 3 becomes the beginning of song 4. Your dBPowerAmp works much better.

I need some help here. dBpowerAmp works on most of those CD. And I convert the file as Loseless Uncompressed, as there is a lot of space on the CD, and those few CD all burn fine.

But there is a set of 3 CD that each CD has 20 songs, and dBPowerAmp went wrong on that entire set.

It cut off either before or after the song ends, and w/ this set of CD, because of the size, I can't select "Loseless Uncompressed", I have to pick "Loseless Level 8 (Highest)"

it seems that DBPowerAmp cut off at the wrong spots on all those songs once I pick Loseless Level 8

any advice?

Back