An abstract cosmos wallpaper

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
Fractals are fun ;)... I was playing with some and created this, hope someone else likes it too :D! (I can reset it to different resolutions if requested)

goldentigercosmoswallpawc4.jpg

Also, here's a more subdued one:

goldentiger2ndcosmoshh8.jpg

Dang bro! That is smokin'! I now have the 2nd one on my desktop. I frekin love fractals! Do you have any more?

Quite a few... I've used the program for years, just never thought of actually uploading any of the nicer ones until now ;). Let me dig through and re-render at more modern resolutions and I'll show you some other stuff :D. Thanks!

As promised, here's some more of the ones I like best... I'm not really an accomplished digital artist, only having dabbled with fractals, MsPaint :p , and some digital painting, but these are goodies :D.

My favorite more recent one... neon threads
goldentigerneonvb2.jpg

Dragonscales
goldentigerscalewebyv0.jpg

An oddity...
goldentigergrowoq7.jpg

Two color scheme versions of the same thing... yeah, I like it that much ;)!

goldentigerweb2ro5.jpg

goldentigerweb1yr1.jpg

Thanks again for the compliments. These can be re-rendered from the parameter files to any size, so if anyone likes one a lot and wants it done for a different size, PM me and I'll make it so.

GT, do you have a website or online phot storage? I love your work. Would like some more please?:D

Those look real nice

:) Thanks again for the kind remarks.

GT, do you have a website or online phot storage? I love your work. Would like some more please?:D

Nope, I don't... this is more of a "for fun" thing I do every so often than being a big hobby/job like computers are for me :)... I do have some more I will search through for good ones and post up, though ;), since the reaction to these has been so good. I also have worked on digital painting, but I'm horrible at it :eek: so far skill-wise. Again, if anyone wants any of these in a specific resolution I can re-render it to fit, just PM me with the image name and desired resolution.

More, new and old... sorry 56k'ers :D:

Energy Explosion:

goldentiger4bbignd5.jpg

Slivers

goldentiger71cbigoa7.jpg

Cosmic Static

goldentigercosmicstaticdj8.jpg

Swirlcept!

goldentigerswirlceptbiglj3.jpg

The Bars

goldentigerthebarssw3.jpg

Parallel Depths

goldentigerparalleldeptsl1.jpg

Imagination Anew

vchiraanew1ky0.jpg

Thread ressurrection/new content :)...

Roadic Pathway
goldentigerroadte4.jpg

Compass

goldentigercompass2py0.jpg

Pentagon

goldentigerpentagoncd3.jpg

Blinded By The Light

goldentigerreborn2pd0.jpg

Very cool. How many of those are done "in-engine" or, how many do you add a lot of post-processing (lack of a better term) to?

Thanks for sharing these!

Very cool. How many of those are done "in-engine" or, how many do you add a lot of post-processing (lack of a better term) to?

Thanks for sharing these!

All are done with no external/post-processing modification :).

hmm none of the links to vchira are working. I think that one looks the best. Well, i got tierazon, lets see if it any good...thanks for the inspiration ;)

hmm none of the links to vchira are working. I think that one looks the best. Well, i got tierazon, lets see if it any good...thanks for the inspiration ;)

I'll PM you a link to it on my hosting :).

nice wallpapers, i chose the 1st one as my desktop background. it looks like ur shrooming to come up with this kinda stuff. that's a compliment lol.

On a similar note - suppose I wanted to have similar things printed up as a 3' x 4' picture for wall art - anyone know how you could go about this?

Would it be possible to use a program like vchira to generate higher resolution images that would scale to that size (roughly 1m x 1.25m for you metric users)?

I am going to be finishing the basement in my house and I want to use things like this and/or digital space artwork for my accent pieces.

Any thoughts appreciated.

nice wallpapers, i chose the 1st one as my desktop background. it looks like ur shrooming to come up with this kinda stuff. that's a compliment lol.

:) Thanks for the words. I actually use the first one myself as a desktop, I alternate between that and a very nice photo of pebbles in a stream every so often.

On a similar note - suppose I wanted to have similar things printed up as a 3' x 4' picture for wall art - anyone know how you could go about this?

Would it be possible to use a program like vchira to generate higher resolution images that would scale to that size (roughly 1m x 1.25m for you metric users)?

I am going to be finishing the basement in my house and I want to use things like this and/or digital space artwork for my accent pieces.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Heya, yes, it is absolutely possible. Programs such as vChira use mathematical formulas as their basis for creating renders, and therefore can scale to any resolution without quality loss. I actually am planning on doing the same thing shortly, and did some research into companies that will print myself even already. If you'd like the program (it was open-source when I got it), just fire off a PM to me and I'll give you a link on my hosting.

They're all kind of neat, but I LOVED this last one- Norse Lightning. It's like electric blue fire. Very cool! :D

Thanks for sharing. I grabbed some for wallpapers.

Nice to see you're still at it. That bottom one on the first page, Blinded By The Light, is absolutely gorgeous - well, they all are but so far that one just hit me visually.

Great work, and more more more if you'd care to share 'em.

Thanks...

ps
The Wife asked me to say she loves Compass and of course, Blinded By The Light also. :)

gotta say great work. I thought I was done with fractals years ago, but some of your stuff there changed my mind. I'll probably bug ya sooner or later for a few of them in 1920x1200

I remember this thread earlier in the year. I love your latest one, its currently my wallpaper now. Keep up the great work!

Here's a few more :)... still at it after all this time when I have some to spare :D. I'm currently using "Leaves" as my wallpaper.

Leaves
leavesmyw6.jpg

Nexus Trail
nexustrailvchirajz4.jpg

Spiral
vchira816801050ef0.jpg

Sunset
sunsetmqj7.jpg

I haven't used vChira, but I know a lot of people that use apophysis and make some pretty crazy stuff. You should give that a try :)

On second thought, you're actually right: no one likes water marks :). I'll change them over to "clear" versions tomorrow.

I got no issues with watermarks, perhaps keeping them is still appropriate, just tone 'em down a bit and move 'em to a corner, maybe? Still awesome artwork, and I still use them on occasion (read my sig to see my mysterious alter-ego from the past... muahahaha) :)

Back