Amnesia Starter Strategies?

djoye

2[H]4U
I'm going to start playing Amnesia once I figure out how to get OpenAL working without crashing my X-Fi driver (I've seen their software OpenAL fix and I'm gonna try that). Instead of getting panicked not knowing what to do when being chased, what do I need to know to stay alive?

- Do monsters ALWAYS stop chasing after you enter a different area (load screen) and if you return to that area immediately after will the monster still be there?
- The game said something about my sanity going away while being in dark places so do I get hurt being in the dark too long? Is there a time limit for hiding in the dark?
- If I hold up an object and hide behind it does a monster just give up and disappear or should I make my way to a different area while hiding.

I just wanna be sure I have the basics down before I get stuck dying and don't know why. I remember making mistakes in Final Fantasy 7 that made it difficult to progress in the game and then years later playing it again and kicking ass because I knew to equally level up everyone and the materia. heh

Instead of getting panicked not knowing what to do when being chased, what do I need to know to stay alive?

Typically you will run to a dark corner and hide. If a monster has already spotted you though, you just need to run like hell.

- Do monsters ALWAYS stop chasing after you enter a different area (load screen) and if you return to that area immediately after will the monster still be there?
The monster will stop chasing you and will be gone when you come back to that area.

- The game said something about my sanity going away while being in dark places so do I get hurt being in the dark too long? Is there a time limit for hiding in the dark?
No time limit, but it takes a mental toll on you because you see the screen get all wavy and there are these disturbing crunching noises.

- If I hold up an object and hide behind it does a monster just give up and disappear or should I make my way to a different area while hiding.
Generally if it has already spotted you, it is hard to hide from it. If you are hiding from it it is usually when it is just patrolling.

I'd say just jump right in and play it how you think it should be played. You'll be robbing yourself of the experience if you just play it safe from the very start. Dying isn't that big of a setback and some of these things just have to be experienced!:D

I'd say just jump right in and play it how you think it should be played. You'll be robbing yourself of the experience if you just play it safe from the very start. Dying isn't that big of a setback and some of these things just have to be experienced!:D

I came here to say something along the lines of this. I know what you are asking can't be 100% described as meta-play but you are getting close. Knowing exact numbers for certain instances can really ruin a game like this.

I think it even says something like this at the start of the game Don't play Amnesia to beat it, let yourself get immersed in the story and just play like you would if you were really in the main charter's shoes.

Rouge did answer your questions exceptionally well though so you should have everything you need to play!

Back