amit_talkin Banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume he was banned for selling OEM keys that had been used but still activated?

If so, why is there another user allowed to sell them here?

Or did he start scamming? It seemed everyone was having positive dealings with him. Did you have an issue?

I assume he was banned for selling OEM keys that had been used but still activated?

If so, why is there another user allowed to sell them here?

Or did he start scamming? It seemed everyone was having positive dealings with him. Did you have an issue?

Probably the origin of those keys are questionable. I suggest the people who dealt with him to look into filing a Paypal complaint. Who knows where those keys come from.

I bought a license for Office 2011 for the Mac off him. There was no way to download the software from MS (When I entered the key it didn't say it was invalid, just that I wasn't allowed to download with THAT key), thus not useful.

Now, I did purchase an Office Pro 2013 key that worked fine.

I am wondering why one person can sell OEM used keys and another one cannot. Seems that its all or nothing? Maybe a mod can chime in?

I am wondering why one person can sell OEM used keys and another one cannot. Seems that its all or nothing? Maybe a mod can chime in?

Maybe because one has a track record of selling invalid / illegal keys?

why someone is banned is none of anyone's business, so I would not expect a mod to "chime in" .....

unless Kyle himself wants to share that info it will forever remain private.

the bottom line is that anyone who has or had a deal with amit-talkin, should contact him through his email if they need to, as he wont be coming back

This is exceptionally abrasive. As a community it is our "business" that one of our community members were banned and short of any secret reasons asking for the reason isn't unreasonable for any contributing member to the community to ask. Without the community there is no reason for this site to exist so it bodes well to not come off as "get lost and mind your own buisiness peon."
This however is my own personal opinion I choose to post on an open forum and does not reflect the policy or opinions of Hardforum.

Uh, so I bought several windows keys from this guy, I'd love to know if he was caught scamming or some information about the keys has come to light.

I hate the idea of opening a buyer protection claim with Paypal in panic without having any idea what's going on. On the other hand, the option of emailing him for answers is also unappealing, because if he's a crook then he's just going to feed me a line of bull.

I can understand not wanting to publicly air dirty laundry, but I imagine there are a number of us with a collective pile of money at stake. If not details on the ban, would it be possible for a mod/admin to at least confirm with what knowledge they have whether those affected should pursue refund claims?

I don't need to know the details, just which direction to head if that's possible.

Why assume he was banned for anything to do with the for sale /for trade section? I do not know the reason for his ban but having been here awhile and seeing the stupid shit members do in other area's (cough video card subforum) of the site unless there was a troll thread posted about a user why assume that's what the ban was for.

I have purchased several keys from him, all of which were successfully activated. I doubt that was the problem.

Why assume he was banned for anything to do with the for sale /for trade section? I do not know the reason for his ban but having been here awhile and seeing the stupid shit members do in other area's (cough video card subforum) of the site unless there was a troll thread posted about a user why assume that's what the ban was for.

Well, the OP is talking about trying to get a refund, and then two other posts suggest a track record of shady deals and contacting paypal for a refund. Further, the nature of the wares (product keys instead of physical goods) opens up a lot more opportunity for shenanigans.

That being said, my whole point is that I don't want to assume anything. I don't want to start a paypal claim unjustly if it was tomfoolery in some other subforum that got him the hammer, but I also don't want to just sit on my hands and let my money go if someone knows he's not on the level.

For what it's worth, a quick skim of his posts would seem to indicate the large majority of his activity was in the FS/T forum...

This is exceptionally abrasive. As a community it is our "business" that one of our community members were banned and short of any secret reasons asking for the reason isn't unreasonable for any contributing member to the community to ask.

No, Its not your business. people are banned for many different reasons, not all of which are nefarious.

you posted that your keys work fine, so you have no skin in this game

Uh, so I bought several windows keys from this guy, I'd love to know if he was caught scamming or some information about the keys has come to light.

I hate the idea of opening a buyer protection claim with Paypal in panic without having any idea what's going on. .

AFAIK, his keys are legit...I would not worry about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back