AMid EviL

It's great! I bought it during Early Access last year. No regrets. The whole revival of the FPS of yesteryear is totally up my alley. This, Dusk, Wraith, and so on....good times for old school FPS lovers.

Thinking about giving this a shot, I've got absolutely nothing to play atm.

Wonder if it'll be cheaper during the steam summer sale?

Edit: nope =(

Last edited:
I just bought this today. I didn't realize they were adding RTX support, and I've wanted something fun to play that uses it. Looks like by typing in a code, the whole game can be played with RTX, not just the specifically developed RTX level. I've actually wanted this for a while, but that pushed me over this morning. :D Going to give it a good, solid whirling this evening after completing my upgrades. (I felt the 2070 Super needed a better CPU than the 4690K in that system, so new MB/RAM/CPU going in tonight.) Anyway, this looks fun.

Dusk, Amid Evil, and Maximum Action are all on sale through March 1. 25% off each, but there's a Dusk + Amid Evil bundle that's currently 33% off. I might pick one or all three of these up. I just finished Ion Fury and had a friggin' blast with it.

You get a weapon that literally shoots planets.

Sold!

Just bought the bundle. Should be a fun weekend. :)

I was looking at some of the screenshots last night and the art/visual style of these games really appeals to me. Particularly with Amid Evil, it's almost like a mix of old and new. Some of the environments and rooms in the games look reaaallly friggin' cool.

Yeah, this game is pretty fun. It reminds me of Hexen 2, and the first Heretic. The play is just as simple too, and you can occasionally get lost. It's fast and simple though, which is exactly how it should be. It's a perfect palette cleanser between more involved types of games. I LOVE the planet gun. I find myself feeling bad for the potential inhabitants though. :D

OK, just played the first few levels of Dusk. Game is GREAT so far. The levels seem smaller than Ion Fury's, but man...the visual style and music create a very creepy atmosphere. Movement and gunplay are spot on. Very Quake-like.

20200228202545_1.jpg

20200228213953_1.jpg

And, you have to love the initial load screen when the game launches. :D

20200228202317_1.jpg

OK, just played the first few levels of Dusk. Game is GREAT so far. The levels seem smaller than Ion Fury's, but man...the visual style and music create a very creepy atmosphere. Movement and gunplay are spot on. Very Quake-like.

View attachment 226765

View attachment 226767

And, you have to love the initial load screen when the game launches. :D

View attachment 226768
We do have a thread for DUSK if you want to talk about it more there. Funnily enough, I made the same comment about the planet shooting weapon in that thread when someone mentioned AMID EVIL there :ROFLMAO:.
https://hardforum.com/threads/dusk.1973940/

We do have a thread for DUSK if you want to talk about it more there. Funnily enough, I made the same comment about the planet shooting weapon in that thread when someone mentioned AMID EVIL there :ROFLMAO:.
https://hardforum.com/threads/dusk.1973940/

Thanks bro, that's on me for not searching. :banghead: Although it's Amid Evil's Quake-like cousin, the game definitely deserves its own thread.

They’ve updated this game to support RTX and DLSS. Yes!

I hope they do so for DUSK also...but if I’m honest, the aesthetic of AMID EVIL probably benefits more from it. It has a much more colorful art style. But DUSK’s grim/spooky art style works really well for that game. These games are so much fun.

Just picked this (non vr version is on sale for 4.99) and Iron Lung up, they look interesting and now im looking at oither titles in their catalog :D

Back