AMid EviL

twonunpackmule

[H]ard|Gawd
It's great! I bought it during Early Access last year. No regrets. The whole revival of the FPS of yesteryear is totally up my alley. This, Dusk, Wraith, and so on....good times for old school FPS lovers.

w35t

[H]ard|Gawd
Thinking about giving this a shot, I've got absolutely nothing to play atm.

Wonder if it'll be cheaper during the steam summer sale?

Edit: nope =(

Last edited:

J3RK

[H]F Junkie
I just bought this today. I didn't realize they were adding RTX support, and I've wanted something fun to play that uses it. Looks like by typing in a code, the whole game can be played with RTX, not just the specifically developed RTX level. I've actually wanted this for a while, but that pushed me over this morning. :D Going to give it a good, solid whirling this evening after completing my upgrades. (I felt the 2070 Super needed a better CPU than the 4690K in that system, so new MB/RAM/CPU going in tonight.) Anyway, this looks fun.

Lateralus

More [H]uman than Human
Dusk, Amid Evil, and Maximum Action are all on sale through March 1. 25% off each, but there's a Dusk + Amid Evil bundle that's currently 33% off. I might pick one or all three of these up. I just finished Ion Fury and had a friggin' blast with it.

Lateralus

More [H]uman than Human
You get a weapon that literally shoots planets.
Sold!

Just bought the bundle. Should be a fun weekend. :)

I was looking at some of the screenshots last night and the art/visual style of these games really appeals to me. Particularly with Amid Evil, it's almost like a mix of old and new. Some of the environments and rooms in the games look reaaallly friggin' cool.

J3RK

[H]F Junkie
Yeah, this game is pretty fun. It reminds me of Hexen 2, and the first Heretic. The play is just as simple too, and you can occasionally get lost. It's fast and simple though, which is exactly how it should be. It's a perfect palette cleanser between more involved types of games. I LOVE the planet gun. I find myself feeling bad for the potential inhabitants though. :D

Lateralus

More [H]uman than Human
OK, just played the first few levels of Dusk. Game is GREAT so far. The levels seem smaller than Ion Fury's, but man...the visual style and music create a very creepy atmosphere. Movement and gunplay are spot on. Very Quake-like.

20200228202545_1.jpg

20200228213953_1.jpg

And, you have to love the initial load screen when the game launches. :D

20200228202317_1.jpg

Reactions: J3RK
like this