Americas Army 3 launch today FREE on Steam!

T4rd

Fully [H]
This game launches on Steam at 1500 (3:00) Eastern time. My department is partially responsible for the development and advertisement of this game so it's a big day in the office today. I've demo'ed the beta a few times and this game is definitely going to be worth checking out. Me being in the Active Enlisted Army, I can actually vouch for a lot of the content in this game and can say it's pretty realistic in how you go through training and get the weapons familiarization in the ranges. Plus it runs on the Unreal 3 engine, so it's definitely a significant graphical improvement over the previous AA games.

Highly recommend you pre-load and prepare for launch now! Hope to see you online! :D

Oh, and this game is TOTALLY FREE!

So when exactly today? I already have it pre-loaded but I still can't play it.

So when exactly today? I already have it pre-loaded but I still can't play it.

Hah, was supposed to launch at 3:00 PM EST. Seems there's a slight delay going on, on Steam right now. Don't worry, it'll be unlocked here soon, I'm sure.

Bleh... I wish the servers could handle more decryption requests. I keep getting the message that Steam's too busy to prepare my game =/

Bleh... I wish the servers could handle more decryption requests. I keep getting the message that Steam's too busy to prepare my game =/

Same here.

Had to restart Steam for it to even update from pre-load status, though.

EDIT: Success!!! @ 3:30
Decrypting

Last edited:
If you get the 'too busy' message, try changing your download location (Steam -> Settings -> Downloads) to something else. I'm using Canada - Toronto and it's working fine.

So how do we get it to "decrypt" if we already had it pre-loaded?

So how do we get it to "decrypt" if we already had it pre-loaded?

Just double click the game in your games list and it should start decrypting if the servers aren't too busy. If it still labels the game as "locked" in your games list, just restart steam until it says it's available.

Man, and I thought Steam would be able to handle this launch. lol

Ah well... it's usually always like this for big AA releases. Things will be smoothened out within the next few days.

wow.. that's unfortunate for the devs/launch.
I just tried 5 or so different locations and all are too busy.

I used to play AA way back when it first came out... and was lvl70 or something like that. Ridiculous. Havent touched AA in years and want to play!

Keep trying. It just went through for me!

I may post some screens if you guys want.

Nevermind, this pre-load is a fucking waste. After it was done decrypting, I am only at 52% done with the DOWNLOAD. So, I preloaded half of a game. Thanks valve.

Yeah how dare they give you a 50% head start to download the game when it was released!! :rolleyes:

the graphics from the game trailer didn't look too appealing, but since it's free, i'll be playing it

Nevermind, this pre-load is a fucking waste. After it was done decrypting, I am only at 52% done with the DOWNLOAD. So, I preloaded half of a game. Thanks valve.

Pre-loading got the whole thing for me... :rolleyes:

after hours with the server being to busy to decrypt, its started...

Meh I might play it just for my Active duty star and kill ppl but other than that the game is not very good.

sigh....

international people are raping my countries bandwidth. You would think the AA devs / valve would have anticipated this.

overloaded to the max.

74% of "new" download @ 140kps

Completed the obstacle course and now I'm stuck at the "Updating soldier profile, please wait." screen. Been here for 20min...

Is the Auth server down? I completed all the training exercies then it dumped me back at the overview screen and it said I still had to enlist... :eek:

Tried to logout and back in and I can't.

If my training really didn't get accepted I'm uninstalling. Probably won't be worth doing all that again. At least no more then COD4 is.

After waiting 5 mins for my game to decrypt, I have to wait even longer for Steam to update the game...

Have same problem...so all of the training I did in 2 will that carryover in 3?

It's at 32% and climbing (slowly)!

I didn't even know there was an America's Army 2. The first one was pretty fun years ago.

Back