American Truck Simulator

Because when you're bored with all other games, pretend you have a real job? (or a different real job)

Does this have truckstop hookers?

Instead of spouting out more content for the same old game. .They should work on improving it instead. It's a DX9 game with very primitive physics and very basic gameplay elements. What it needs is not more area covered, or more trucks. It needs more interesting game modes, and better physics.

Truckstop trannies.

There is an old and hilarious story on ar15.com that involves truckstop trannies. Many bans ensued.

American Truck Simulator gets a release date of February 3, 2016.
http://www.pcgamer.com/american-truck-simulator-gets-a-release-date/

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ficMiV3AfuE

I would like to drive some really older trucks like my dad used to. Those were really fun to ride in as a kid. I literally sat on a wooden box where the passenger seat was supposed to be because he didn't want riders and was too nice to tell people no. So he took the passenger seat out. ;) And 20 years ago I used to work on them professionally with my dad which was really fun.

Oh it comes out on my birthday. I guess I know what Im getting myself for a present lol

when is tax return simulator 4 coming out?

April 15th. You need DLC to file an extension. Last minute file DLC will on sale on Steam on April 14th for $.49 comes with Cranky postal worker DLC for free. Early filer DLC will not have access to File Extension and Last Minute DLCs. However, the Cranky Postal Worker DLC will be included as they will still need to be used as the Direct Deposit function will be buggy and still not work on the day of release. We may need to wait 4-6 weeks for a patch for this issue. Word on the street that in the beta version, the government ran out of money prior to issuing the checks. This means the developer will be delaying the game several later than expected.

I'm a dispatch supervisor at UPS for our semi-drivers. I'm totally gonna buy this for a few of them. Or at least show them the trailer just to piss em off :D

I'm concerned about DLC nickel and diming you to death, which seems to be the favorite modus operandi these days.

I call BS on all of this, no trucking simulation is complete till they implement tie-down lashing of the loads.

I wouldn't try to sell this game on anyone. It doesn't have many surprises, if any, from what the screenshots and gameplay would lead you to expect.

However that being said, it is fairly fun. Driving your own truck is not bad (and good practice if you don't know how to back up a trailer). But of course the real appeal is when you have multiple garages/trucks/drivers. Then the economics come into play and while it isn't terribly deep, it can be fun.

I'm waiting for my Thrustmaster TX wheel to get back from repair... These games pretty much require a wheel and shifter to be remotely "fun". Driving this game with a keyboard is ridiculous, it's more about the actual driving experience than the graphics IMHO.

My opinion is coming from Euro truck Simulator (which I got to play for about a couple days before sending my wheel in for repair). I intend to buy American truck simulator when I eventually get my wheel back...

Yeah KB/M would be a no-go for just about anyone I'd imagine.

For what it is worth, I use an Xbox One controller and don't mind it one bit. You really don't need very many buttons to play this game. The default steering sensitivity is WAY too low, you'll need to crank that up.

Anyone play this? I actually quite enjoy it, but I was hoping there would be more claustrophobic levels. 90% of the time I am driving on boring highways, but I wanted some intercity or rural areas where you have to be real careful about cornering and stuff. Driving on highways could not be more boring although sometimes enjoyable and relaxing with Spotify playing in the background.

I have the game "installed" but have not played if for a few months. I kept having issues with assigning buttons to my xbox controller and G27 wheel. Game was fun with extra mods loaded in.

Back