America Needs A Cyber Bill Of Rights

I think we need to start a LOL Cats party ... we could sweep every position in the government ... first law could be free high speed internet for everyone :D

I love that idea! Can you be in charge of it? I mean, I'd volunteer, but I think I'd be better off doing the public relations thing or maybe pretending to run the party's blog. :p

I'm pretty sure if we are talking about a two party system that we are talking about our system in it's entirety. Saying you didn't have to just means you didn't think it through, which isn't a shock.
You took it somewhere else on some rant with "If anything elections at the local level matter far more". That's great son. However kbrickley and I were discussing national topics that actually affect all of America/Americans. So when you glitched and spouted random shit like "When Obama or any president was running did anyone grab the mic and grill him? No" it just made me go...what? I mean it's funny because you don't realize you can't actually do this:D. I mean you could try, so please go try, see where it gets you. You might figure out why no one did it. Either way it wasn't adding anything relevant. Get it yet? Probably not which isn't a shock. So when I was saying I didn't have to say it is exactly what I meant.

I think you just said that it didn't matter who you voted for.
Majority of the time, it doesn't. Lobbyists play both sides every single day and only a degenerate wouldn't see it by now. You tell what could be though while I'll state what actually is. I only understand realism.

So now you are fighting for my freedom? What are you smoking? Trash?

I seriously have no clue what you think you're saying here. You seem mad but incoherent.

Project much?

Nice try, you might want to reread this thread though to realize who's really projecting. You came to this thread on mode stupid.

I agree so all we need is for you to stop talking and all will be right with the world.
This is called butthurt right?

Unacceptable? No. Dumb? Yes.

:rolleyes: Yes, you're finally right, I admit it, responding to a retarded post was dumb of me...lol.

stoopid-head :p

I thought we had a Bill Of Rights? My bad black and white is to hard to read now.

We have a two party system because people only vote for the two parties in power
I honestly thought it's because the only way (majority of the time) the rich will back these new politicians is if they adhere to the status quo which doesn't like change (which is why many presidents run on it, they know what excites the people). You blame mostly the people when I think the system is mostly too rigged (our founding fathers intentions afterall, they were mostly wealthy men) for anything real to happen. Paraphrasing Noam Chomsky, the few moneyed classes controlling the poor majority with so called checks and balances.
"This can lead to nondemocratic measures that reduce ballot access for other parties. In these cases, the chances for third party candidates winning election to any office are remote..."

"In addition, there has been more speculation that the winner-takes-all electoral system as well as particular state and federal laws regarding voting procedures helped to cause a two-party system."

"Third parties, meaning a party other than one of the two dominant parties, are possible in two-party systems, but they are often unlikely to exert much influence by gaining control of legislatures or by winning elections."

"There have been arguments that the winner-take-all mechanism discourages independent or third-party candidates from running for office or promulgating their views. Ross Perot's former campaign manager wrote that the problem with having only two parties is that the nation loses "the ability for things to bubble up from the body politic and give voice to things that aren’t being voiced by the major parties."wiki
Not saying it's impossible or never done but I do stand by the fact that the system is indeed rigged so that the few moneyed classes are able to successfully rule the poor through the political process. If this wasn't the case (and they weren't worried about these things) you'd have a direct democracy...where 51% could (potentially) take 49% of the populations rights/stuff/etc.

So when I say we the people have no choice I'm not saying we're completely powerless, I'm saying the only fucking time they listen is if we revolt. As long as we're okay with them taking, they're okay with them taking. The worst laws allow the moneyed classes to continue on doing so. You won't change that, not without a rebuild.

as maademperor noted people are currently easily placated as long as they can afford their smarphones, flat screen hd TVs, and video games or tablets

Man do I disagree with this. From what I see everyone is just trying to make it (survive) and can't stop working 50-60 hours a week (jump off the hamster wheel) to do a god damn thing about anything important. Time is money and life is short! It'd be like a house of cards for majority of the population IMO.

There have been only a few instances where the popular vote and the electoral vote were not aligned

Is there a honest stat on this? Can you link it? IMO even a few is too many though.
just because voters are easily manipulated doesn't mean our system is a failure

I'd disagree, where this can happen, it seems fail to me. We can't know who to vote for if they don't discuss the important issues. Like I said, a rigged system to maintain status quo. This system is working as intended...for the moneyed classes.

if Americans actually got mad enough and voted out every existing member of Congress do you not think those new members would try and fix whatever got ALL of their predecessors canned ... Americans won't do that, but they still have that right, even if they choose not to utilize it
I'm a realist. A revolution is more likely an event than what you mentioned and that is a bunch of shouldn't be necessary for change BS IMO.

If you’re an American citizen then you are responsible. This “not my fault” nonsense is how we got here.

So I'm responsible for the bad deeds of others? Confusing. If I'm standing outside and get hit with a stray bullet it's not my fault I was standing outside. A lot of the corruption is behind closed doors and swept under carpets for as long as possible. Then when it comes out people like you scream 'it's the peoples fault'. No, it's our problem, not our fault. Almost all of these elected people were given jobs and they never fucking do them. That's not my fault, just I have to deal with the consequences of corrupt assholes.

The low information voter is the main reason you feel like there is no control on what goes on in our government.
Problem is this is by design, it's not because the normal person is a retard, they're never properly informed. Everyone is lying to them. The president is getting a peace prize while warring. It's all nonsense and no laws against mainstream propaganda/disinformation.

Empower yourself, get involved with local, state and fed. Take classes on the constitution, there are many on-line for free and probably some in your local area.
I might be crazy but I honestly feel like the constitution doesn't actually apply anymore, seriously. I think it's there for the poor people to stare at....lol.
Call me crazy and attack me on a personal level all wish. We were given a constructional republic and it is everyone’s responsibility to keep it!
I feel it's went so far it needs to be completely rebuilt. The powers that be aren't even following it anymore. Keeping it? It's appears to be gone man.

You took it somewhere else on some rant with "If anything elections at the local level matter far more". That's great son. However kbrickley and I were discussing national topics ....

Yeah no. You aren't going to seek salvation using someone else. Be an adult and stand up using your own words. Kbrickley is disagreeing with you on the same exact points as I am. You can either stick to the topic on the thread or make insults its completely your call but don't sit up here throwing insults because you can't discuss a topic. If you have a bad point of view it's not anyone's fault but yours.

Majority of the time, it doesn't. Lobbyists play both sides every single day and only a degenerate wouldn't see it by now. You tell what could be though while I'll state what actually is. I only understand realism.
So if it doesn't matter how are you fighting for anything? You're not.

I seriously have no clue what you think you're saying here. You seem mad but incoherent.
That's not surprising. But am I mad? Nope.

Nice try, you might want to reread this thread though to realize who's really projecting. You came to this thread on mode stupid.
Didn't you use the "words" stoopid-head in the previous post? Yeah I thought so. Nuff said.

This is called butthurt right?
It's a forum. It's not that important.

:rolleyes: Yes, you're finally right, I admit it, responding to a retarded post was dumb of me...lol.
And yet you'll do it again anyway. It's actually kind of funny.

I love that idea! Can you be in charge of it? I mean, I'd volunteer, but I think I'd be better off doing the public relations thing or maybe pretending to run the party's blog. :p

We could allow your namesake to create their own country, kind of like the Vatican, and you could be the ambassador to Googlandia :cool:

Our flag could depict the eternal battle between Fantail and Comet Goldfish

Our national food could be Cheeseburgers, Pizza, and Red Bull

We could require computer programming be taught in preschool forward

I can haz thinks this could wurk :D

:p

Yeah no. You aren't going to seek salvation using someone else.
No yeah, more nonsense. I swear you must be on medication. Oh wait, I need to be saved from this dire internet thread before something terrible happens to me, or not. It's not my fault though that you don't understand the very basic explanation I was giving you to address where you went off on a rant because you wanted to (just had to) respond to my post and had the basis that it was even somewhat related ("but it's still politics though you lump of meat crying in a corner powerless non-freedom fighter that was for the Iraq war because you didn't stop it now give me the mic so I can debate the president"). You somehow chose to miss it again though, crazy. Tell me about your monetary policy and foreign policy views while we're at it. That's sarcasm, don't.

Be an adult and stand up using your own words.

I guess you lack reading comprehension skills. However, use my own words? Did I plagiarize someone or are you a little off?

Kbrickley is disagreeing with you on the same exact points as I am.

Same exact points? lol Kbrickley didn't mention 90% of the retarded shit you did. Have you reread the thread at all? Stop putting yourself in categories that you don't fit in. Oh maybe he thinks some crazy person should grab a microphone during the next presidential debate and get dragged out while yelling questions into the crowd. He might, I mean I'm not a mind reader or anything but there is a difference between having a similar view on one point and having all the 'same exact points'. Well in a rational world anyway. Plus last time I checked (5 seconds ago) the only reason you're still crying is because you're somehow butthurt, not because we're still disagreeing on anything to do with a two party system (which again you were talking about local voting which I was neither talking about nor denying any importance of). Nice excuse though. I mean from what you said yourself you're really upset because you refuse to fight for my freedoms (whatever the fuck you think that means) while I hide in a corner crying. :D

So if it doesn't matter how are you fighting for anything? You're not.

Wait are you asking me or telling me? Oh I forgot, you crying on the internet is fighting the good fight, for everyone's freedom. On top of that you have no clue (none) of what I do IRL, none! You know what they say about assuming right? You might not.

That's not surprising. But am I mad? Nope.
Well it did make no sense. As for you not being butthurt, lol. Sure, I believe you little one. :)

Didn't you use the "words" stoopid-head in the previous post? Yeah I thought so. Nuff said.
You do know sarcasm right? Right? It was talking like your first post, childish and incoherent. ;) The fact I have to explain this tells me everything I need to know about you which is less than what I already know right now. Nuff said.

It's a forum. It's not that important.

So let me know when you can STFU already. You've been butthurt for awhile now.

And yet you'll do it again anyway. It's actually kind of funny.

I know, sometimes I'm messed up and poke fun of the less fortunate. But hey kid have a nice day, I mean that, serious. Not trying to be kind of funny or anything right now. Cheers!

Yeah no. You aren't going to seek salvation using someone else. Be an adult and stand up using your own words. Kbrickley is disagreeing with you on the same exact points as I am. You can either stick to the topic on the thread or make insults its completely your call but don't sit up here throwing insults because you can't discuss a topic. If you have a bad point of view it's not anyone's fault but yours.

Although I love when people take my side in a discussion I am not nitpicking MasonD over every sentence he is writing :)

MasonD disagree on whether the system is beyond repair because I think a person should vote and that if enough interested and informed people took an interest in their political future that we could see positive change ... I am just kind of an optimist that way ... MasonD doesn't seem to share my opinion but I am not going to question his motives or intelligence because of it ;)

I think most of our political problems are because people don't take control of their own interests ... they don't vote, they don't educate themselves, they vote on single (often arbitrary or antiquated issues), and they don't participate ... others share different solutions and opinions ... time will tell which, if any, of us is correct :cool:

Getting less and less fond of people who like to monopolize the outrage but direct it into essentially non-action and no specific accountability to anyone who matters now.

Makes me wonder who they really work for.

Sure why not, because the other one is being used as toilet paper any way.

I think people just need to remember that old joke ... Politicians are like diapers and should be changed frequently, for the same reason ... :D

Not to sidetrack this discussion but Americans still have more rights and freedoms than most other countries (if not all) ... the interpretation of rights and liberties has changed over time (mostly for the positive) ... a little over 100 years ago only white men over the age of 21 could vote ... now women, minorities, and people 18 and up have that right ... most of the problems with erosion of rights is that people don't exercise that one basic right ... most of our congressmen are elected by less than 50% (sometimes a LOT less) of the eligible voters in their districts ... if Americans have lost rights it is because they gave them away, not because they were taken from them ;)

Maybe this is why things went to shit. We started letting less educated and more easily swayable people start voting.

Maybe this is why things went to shit. We started letting less educated and more easily swayable people start voting.

Call me an optimist but I still like to think that there are more smart people than the other group ... the problem is that the smart folks are more easily frustrated into dropping out of the process, leaving the others in charge ... as the other old platitude goes, "The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing" ... I think if a greater number of people took an active interest in the political happenings in the USA and held our politicians accountable we would see improvements ... of course, it is also possible that pigs might grow wings and fly before that happens :D

If the Constitution and Bill of Rights were written today, if somehow the greats — Madison, Jefferson, Franklin — were able to put their minds to building an America engulfed in digital data, you can be sure our digital reality would find its way into those documents.

First things first. Madison, Jefferson, and Franklin would have burned this government down in the 80's over the Iran-Contra scandal alone.

We could allow your namesake to create their own country, kind of like the Vatican, and you could be the ambassador to Googlandia :cool:

Our flag could depict the eternal battle between Fantail and Comet Goldfish

Our national food could be Cheeseburgers, Pizza, and Red Bull

We could require computer programming be taught in preschool forward

I can haz thinks this could wurk :D

:p

Bestest idea evar to appear in any forum in the whole wurld! Though we do need to drag along that Tudz guy. Who else is going to be a comet goldfish cheerleader if he's not around? :p

I decided to cut off whatever that was...
Your self-realization from the looks of it, finally (thanks the universe).

would you like to talk about the thread

Sure, of course, what I was doing when you started up on your rant to me, go figure. Yet you're acting as if I'm to blame for it now...lol.

or are you just here to feel better after the last argument you lost?
Yelling the loudest doesn't make you right (or replying incoherently just to reply), it makes others stop communicating. The fact you can say that I'm just here because of the last argument you made no sense in when you started ranting at me in this thread (and the last one) shows people your true mentality. You can't blame someone you initiated a meaningless argument with while refusing to give up and then be considered a rational thinker after. I'm serious, you seem unstable in a really bad way to me. Figure out a way to get over me.

Your self-realization from the looks of it, finally (thanks the universe).
You're inability to talk about the thread at hand is known far and wide.

Sure, of course, what I was doing when you started up on your rant to me, go figure. Yet you're acting as if I'm to blame for it now...lol.

So the answer is "no". That's all you had to say. The rest of it just personal attacks because of the last time. Well if that's it and you don't have the ability to talk about the thread then it would be good just to end it here. There's no point going back in forth with someone who has no intention of talking about the topic. You can't argue with crazy.

Won't happen and the way things are going now. The Constitution and Bill of Rights will be gone in the next 100 years.
Yep. There aren't enough freedom-minded people these days.

You're (Your*) inability to talk about the thread at hand is known far and wide.

For the third time you took it off topic, literally and consistently too, from your very first post to (me to) be exact. So it can't be known that far and wide (I don't think that means that you think that means). So please give it up already. I never needed to use the word butthurt online before talking with you. :p

Originally Posted by kac77
So the answer is "no". That's all you had to say.

would you like to talk about the thread or are you just here to feel better after the last argument you lost?
I was answering your question if you didn't notice. You repeatedly blame someone else for what you're actually doing.

The rest of it just personal attacks because of the last time.

Facts and only after awhile more personalized observations but only because you really do deserve them at this point, honestly. Anyway get your facts straight because what is funny is that you mention that but ignore the reality that you were attacking me in your very first post before I ever spoke to you;). You have one very short and glitchy memory human. You even mentioned projecting too which is just astonishingly ironic as well.

Well if that's it and you don't have the ability to talk about the thread then it would be good just to end it here.

You're a little late in this realization man. I guess you also missed that I was actually still talking about the topic in this thread while correcting you as well.

You can't argue with crazy.
Yes, yes, yes, YOU ARE correct, very correct, bye now.

Back