AMD’s Vega & Ryzen “Capsaicin & Cream” Live Event

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
AMD is expected to reveal more about Ryzen and Vega today at the Capsaicin & Cream media event, which is kicking off at 10:30 AM PT (12:30 PM CT / 1:30 PM ET). Those of you who want to watch the event live may check out the Radeon site’s GDC 2017 page. (I will also be embedding the stream on a separate post when the time comes.)

We love Capsaicin because it reminds us of the magic that game and VR developers craft every day when they turn raw code into exciting, memorable and addicting experiences. On February 28, kick off your GDC with an exclusive glimpse into the Summer of Radeon and beyond! Our feature-packed show will be highlighted by the hottest new graphics and VR technologies propelling the game industry forward – with previews of the summer’s hottest PC games and VR experiences from the biggest names in the business. AMD’s Capsaicin Livestream kicks off at 10:30AM PT and you won’t want to miss it.

is today the lift of the NDA? Id' been hearing 28th for a while

Yeah...that's what I've been hearing and I fully expected to wake up this morning to a bevy of info and have seen nothing. Kind of a let down, been looking forward to actual test results day from independent reviewers on this since, oh, I dunno, I bought my Phenom 955BE in 2009?.....

This makes me think that time is earliest NDA would lift, or march 2.
Nvidia is still going to announce something 8pm PST...

Last edited:
maybe it's at noon of after the event some time, makes sense to have it expire after the big event, you'd kill your views if everyone is reading the most anticipated release review in a few years. I'm not going to upgrade because my system is already pretty beast but I still want to see if AMD can pull this off, will work out well for me in 2-3 years next time I upgrade, we need competition

Damn 5:30 AM start why is this stuff on at at crazy times in Australia.. and then it crashes...

Did they just block Raja about promoting mind altering substances?

Really?! Maybe because it's live from the other side of the planet... You can also catch the video on YouTube later.

Has AMD developing its GPUs in India now? I thought it was just the B-Team out there?

Wow that live capture VR demo was bad, loved how the statue defied the laws of physics!

AMD events always seem so cringeworthy...

Last edited:
Uhmmm, going to have to try to see if that claim of 100% scaling with 2 RX 480s on Sniper Elite 4.

The guy hosting this is so awkward... The transition music is also very awkward lol

Jeez, I wish they would send Raja on a presenting course... Awkward and forced, odd humour and almost unprofessional.

How many more people can they bring onstage?

I don't think there is much meat on the Vega bones... Seems AMD is heavily focused on software/driver improvements over pure hardware gains or improvements. Vega is not looking like any kind of Ryzen...

The ear piece smooches their ears, makes everyone looks crazy. Can't watch it anymore, if anything interesting happens we'll know

I don't think there is much meat on the Vega bones... Seems AMD is heavily focused on software/driver improvements over pure hardware gains or improvements. Vega is not looking like any kind of Ryzen...

No kidding... I wish they would just say Vega is going to double the performance of a 1080 and say goodnight.

That and also use some bug spray to kill all those damn flies!!!

Jeez, I wish they would send Raja on a presenting course... Awkward and forced, odd humour and almost unprofessional.

I liked how they cut the stream when he started talking about alcohol and endorphins.

"Cut the stream, cut the stream! He's gonna tell *that* story!"

Is VR REALLY going to be a thing? AMD seems to think so, but I can't help but think they are wrong...

I liked how they cut the stream when he started talking about alcohol and endorphins.

"Cut the stream, cut the stream! He's gonna tell *that* story!"

I take my comment of him being almost unprofessional back. He is unprofessional.

Is VR REALLY going to be a thing? AMD seems to think so, but I can't help but think they are wrong...

I could give 2 craps about it, but I think if the price point gets low enough, yeah, it will be.

With that in mind, sweet jesus just tell me how fast it is compared to the 1080 in side by sides with the 1800x and bam, we're done and can save a bunch of money on 1980s mall food court neon lights

We are all watching this hot mess, in the hope that they will talk about Vega, but I think we are not going to get anything new here...

VR stuff puts me to sleep. I guess it is important but, I really do not care. Instead Ryzen and Vega please!

I could give 2 craps about it, but I think if the price point gets low enough, yeah, it will be.

With that in mind, sweet jesus just tell me how fast it is compared to the 1080 in side by sides with the 1800x and bam, we're done and can save a bunch of money on 1980s mall food court neon lights

I feel the same...

Regarding Vega's speed, it needs to be at least 30% faster than the standard 1080 to win this generation, but I don't think AMD has that much gas in the tank this time, if they did, I think they would have said something more. I hope I'm wrong, nVidia's cards are getting too expensive these days.

Back