AMD’s Vega & Ryzen “Capsaicin & Cream” Live Event - Starts in 10 minutes

I'm sorry, but this sounds too much like a hemorrhoid remedy for me to get excited.

I'll wait for the official reviews/announcements, if there are any.

Wait, they are not comparing a system trying to run on PCI-E x16 and HBM+PCI-E, are they?

EDIT: Ah, rofl, they are comparing 2GB vs 8GB or whatever boards. 10/10.

EDIT: Another confusing demo. Show me teh FPS and stop comparing TressFX low preset to TressFX high preset.

AMD, please, please just show us the products. Don't show "vega development board running these demos" - give us actual product SKUs, pricing, specs... all of these awkward, slightly forced presentations about special features for hair, async compute, and this guy making Matrix references are neat but it doesn't mean a damn thing if people don't know what or when they can buy it. :/

Also I can't be the only one who doesn't care about VR, right? Do they really think they can just force this onto people? Because that worked so well for 3D HDTV. Most people don't want to wear extra crap on their faces all the time. And those of us used to wearing, say, regular old glasses, can't use most of these anyways because there's no accounting for glasses in VR headsets, 3D glasses, etc.

Yea, I can see why people don't like this Roy Taylor guy. I'm not a fan.

Oh... so much of this is just falling flat.

Got any independent reviews to back it up? It was done on rx480s after all.
And we both know that superlinear scaling with AFR is straight out impossible.
What difference would the video card chosen make? Superlinear is possible if some of the compute effects or other tasks aren't alternating. Don't have any articles handy, but it is possible for the very reason I stated.

Not only did they invite Kyle to the event, he's sharing a stage with Roy... what alternate reality is this?

Not only did they invite Kyle to the event, he's sharing a stage with Roy... what alternate reality is this?

Yeah, that's funny to see after the long going story about amd not being happy with Kyle's reviews and Kyle's criticism of AMD.

Looking sharp, Kyle!

Maybe they realized that the stuff he was saying was reasonable, and that he wasn't trying to troll them but was offering a legitimate critique?

(I mean, a lot of us have been saying for years that AMD's business model didn't seem to make sense, their marketing wasn't doing a very good job, and their products had been consistently underwhelming, the difference is that Kyle published it on a website with a hojillion viewers).

So... Was the Kyle there the real Kyle or a LMD? [Agents of SHIELD reference there folks :LOL: ]

kind of underwhelming... I guess if you were a developer that would have been a little more interesting? Or at least given you an idea what breakout sessions you wanted to get to during the conference?

Are we going to see actual Vega hardware tonight? Or was he just making a dessert pun?

Also, you guys, the ice cream is gonna be sooooo gooooood!

Hey look it was kyle introducing his inside vr tv show. I'm one of those guys that is very skeptical of VR so your new show will have to work hard to prove otherwise.

As for the AMD event, I caught the tail end of it and was very disappointed with the Vega tease. Yeah so it's called Vega, how about some benchmarks? Well nvidia is about to steal their thunder.

Back