AMD's Ryzen 3000 Boost-Fixing BIOS Leaks out

Just as data points comparing 3900X with Radeon 5700 XT 50th anniversary edition using PCMark 10, I had top score for now for that configuration and here is the next best system compared to it:

Fastestsubmitted.jpg
Here is how the speed of the CPU went through the benchmark, mostly at 4.5ghz but at times over 4.6ghz:

Monitor.png
Now comparing my system to the fastest recorded/submitted PCMark 10 using an Intel 9900K and 5700 XT:

Fastest9900K.jpg
Well if PCMark 10 is relevant for routine Office type tasks, video editing etc. I would say AMD Ryzen 3 is the way to go for the price. I only had +25% power limit for the 5700 XT 50th Anniversary Edition and custom fan curve, so not much OCing.

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux-3900x-abba&num=1

seems to confirm what has been generally expected.

at least in terms of before and after with no changes in settings to the motherboard, there's a 1% difference to be seen.

Still looks like either PBO is not factored in... either not fixed or not enabled in these tests, as I would expect to see peak frequency hit in the 4700+ range for single threaded tests and we dont. I know on my motherboard, EDC is not increased from PB settings like the other two tunables are when you enable PBO, so you have to manually set it ...but even so, this only helps stabilize all core performance, it doesn't seem to allow the intended increase in frequency of up to 200Mhz over PB.

Anyone else seeing a major temperature change after the boost fix?

On the pre-boost fix AE1 BIOS for the MSI Gaming Plus X470 and 3900X, my temps were 80°C.
I flashed to the latest AF1 bios from MSI and temperatures went up to 90°C.
I also tried a modified AE1 BIOS with the boost fix microcode included and temps still went up 90°C.

Same voltage offset settings - everything. My performance also stayed the same. I also tried auto voltage settings and the temps were just as bad.

On the pre-boost fix AE1 BIOS for the MSI Gaming Plus X470 and 3900X, my temps were 80°C.
I also tried a modified AE1 BIOS with the boost fix microcode included and temps still went up 90°C.

Same voltage offset settings - everything. My performance also stayed the same. I also tried auto voltage settings and the temps were just as bad.
Can you set max temp in bios and then see if performance stays the same?

newls1

to newls1: Possibly related from hte AGESA Revisions causing your 3950X temp explosion? ^^^

No.

Reactions: erek
like this
Back