AMD's Radeon RX 7900-series Highlights

https://www.igorslab.de/en/rma-wave...ock-of-radeon-rx-7900-xtx-are-groaning-empty/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/104e420/amd_allegedly_has_no_more_radeon_rx_7900_xtx/j34hwo6/

Thank you for your reply concerning your replacement request.
I understand you would like a replacement for your RX 7900 XTX. It's important to note that at this moment, we are unable to start the process for replacing your card, as we have no inventory available in our warehouses.
The replacement will be processed once the inventory has been replenished, but this can take several weeks. If instead you prefer to receive a refund, we can process this refund immediately
We will be looking forward to your reply so we can act accordingly to your choice.

And the follow up when I said I'd wait for a replacement:
Thank you for the feedback and for the choice.
Yes, you can hold onto your card for now. But not only due to inventory.
Our warranty website is currently out of service but it is supposed to get back online in a couple of days. On that case, all you need to do is to submit your claim at the Warranty Service | AMD Radeon™ Series Graphics | AMD.
After that we will let you know as soon as the inventory is available, so you can send your return to us with a shipping label that we will provide. As soon as your return reaches our warehouse, your replacement will be sent back.
I hope to have been of assistance and for any further questions regarding our products, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

You don't believe a one-week-old Reddit account with like 5 comments?

No way. Those are so trustworthy! :)
I mean I get why someone might think that. However...The XT/XTX launch has been a bit different than what we usually see. Incoming inventories were expected to be spaced out evenly over Q1, rather than everything being in stocks on launch day.

I mean I get why someone might think that. However...The XT/XTX launch has been a bit different than what we usually see. Incoming inventories were expected to be spaced out evenly over Q1, rather than everything being in stocks on launch day.

Yea Its amazing these guys write articles based on RMA emails lmao. I mean its a brand spanking new card and everyone wants them to fix the vapor chamber issues on some batches make sure that is corrected. But they are all surprised by 2 week wait lmao. wccftech rolled with it too lmao. I am reading in discord channel that AMD is loading up for a drop tomorrow, idk how they know but they do lmao. Last time someone linked to xfx merc on bb its gonna go live in 15 mins and it did. May be their notification bots are scanning the website code lmao.

You don't believe a one-week-old Reddit account with like 5 comments?
Yean and from what I saw, the supposed Display Port issue was some reddit posters saying that some DP cables have an extra pinout connected, which isn't usually connected in higher quality cables. And that extra connection was sending electricity backward, into the GPU, straight to the GPU core, causing it to heat up and have higher junction temps.

yeah.

I don't deny a one off case where someone maybe saw some weird numbers when they switched a cable. But....I struggle to believe its anything close to a legit concern for AMD owners.
And to add to it, the guy who actually saw the weird numers, cut his DP cable open and says it didn't look like that extra connection was actually connected, in his cable. Buuuut, that same person probably also doesn't really know what he's looking at, anyway.

Just got another gigabyte referene 7900xtx. Testing it out and been playing around with it. This is my second reference and both had no vapor chamber water issue.

Keep in mind this is at +15% power and memory oc to 2600. Fan speed I capped at 70% max which is just below 2000 RPMs. After that is where it gets loud. Pretty much pushing close to 400w with that setting.

With default the temp is basically in the 80s for junction with no OC, So its about 19c delta between gpu and junction temp, which is how it should be. if the card is no vapor chamber issues i think going vertical helps it since the heat exhausts from top of the card. But if you got vapor chamber not properly filled issue I doubt either helps.

1673038965031.png

Last edited:
Just got another gigabyte referene 7900xtx. Testing it out and been playing around with it. This is my second reference and both had no vapor chamber water issue.

Keep in mind this is at +15% power and memory oc to 2600. Fan speed I capped at 70% max which is just below 2000 RPMs. After that is where it gets loud. Pretty much pushing close to 400w with that setting.

With default the temp is basically in the 80s for junction with no OC, So its about 19c delta between gpu and junction temp, which is how it should be. if the card is no vapor chamber issues i think going vertical helps it since the heat exhausts from top of the card. But if you got vapor chamber not properly filled issue I doubt either helps.

View attachment 539925
So, it is not everyone of the cards, thankfully

So, it is not everyone of the cards, thankfully
Minority with problems are always going to speak louder. No problem with that lmao. Given I have played with 2 of them and both of didn't have the issue it must have been certain batch. So I have to believe AMD's word that most are fine.

I stumbled across this. Quite interesting I think. With abnormal power usage in multi display setups and other weirdness there very well could be issues with AMD's newly touted DP 2.1 and or compatibility with poor cables.

I stumbled across this. Quite interesting I think. With abnormal power usage in multi display setups and other weirdness there very well could be issues with AMD's newly touted DP 2.1 and or compatibility with poor cables.

This has already been debunked and AMD has owned up to the problem.

Where was it debunked?
We know AMD reference boards, at least some on the XTX, have faulty vapor chambers, this seems to be a fix for others.

watch the video next time.
"We don't like that people thought that we misled them"

Did you mean that part? It was hard to discern from all the bullshit coming out of his mouth.

Yeah, it's really shitty how AMD has been using fake frame generation on their new cards to claim they're 150% "faster" than last gen.
No, they just claim to be "up to" 70% faster; to then be reviewed as only 30% faster and not even have a feature to claim the missing 40% with. Bullshit is bullshit, call them out on it as much as you do their competitors; novel idea, I know.

Back