AMD's New cpu/apu naming system

maxius

2[H]4U
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/AMD-Vision-APU-Athlon-Zembezi-Llano,12183.html

for the love of everything holy we must not let amd do this to us FFS Vision Black FX is bulldozers supposed name. may i be the 1st say WHAT THE HELL HAVE THEY PUTTING IN THE WATER AT AMD'S HQ. they need to keep things simple but they also need to retain noticeability in the market place and taking an axe to well established brand names is a recipe for failure

This is more for OEM's and ease of decision making for the general public. Probably a good move on their part, and does it really matter? If it performs well who gives a shit, I've always hated "Phenom".

If it ends up being AMD Vision Black FX A500, than simply put FX A500 in your sig, problem solved.

Vision Black is a tier of processors, the highest. You can compare it to Intel's i7.

Vision Black is a tier of processors, the highest. You can compare it to Intel's i7.

That makes sense compared to previous cpus but things get confusing because of how unintuitive the "Ultimate" branding is...or maybe it is intuitive and we are just wrong about what Black editions are supposed to represent now.

Back