AMD's GPU '14 Product Showcase Webcast

So nothing really available for purchase? Guess they just needed some PR to counter NVIDIA's cards that are available to anyone for purchase RIGHT now.

I think Pele is angry and has been turning up the heat in the room. Every presenter in the room has been sweating during their presentations. :D

lol why the fuck is it in Hawaii of all places
didnt think AMD was still that hard up after landing both the XB1 and PS4

This could be interesting if they were to couple it with a debugging process for both hardware and software afterward. For example, if game devs can get ahold of hardware configurations and the FPS graphs and issue patches that can pinpoint specific issues with specific hardware settings.

If this is just a "we'll watch your FPS and then adjust your in-game settings" thing then that's disappointing.

id REALLY like to know what the marketing people where thinking who are they marketing this crap to any way? 12 year olds?

Yeah seriously. Why not name one card "YOLOSWAG" and another "GoHardOrGoHome"

RAPTR isn't Steam related... its more like "XFire", with the ability to win doodads if you allow them to monitor/advertise to you. Steam has much more functionality (ie the store) and doesn't seem nearly as invasive, as it doesn't rely on data mining and advertising (along with other privacy-hating web implementations). I haven't used a "new" version of RAPTR but when I tried it awhile ago, I wasn't too impressed. Where Steam is becoming more open, RAPTR is more proprietary.

Whoa, that's that's the biggest news so far. Low level console-style API = huge win

hmm who else had a low level API ... what was it called ...

OH RIGHT it was 3Dfx and Glide.... yea that worked out well for them

um we already have DirectX(3D) and OpenGL why do we need another API thats locked on one set of hardware

hmm who else had a low level API ... what was it called ...

OH RIGHT it was 3Dfx and Glide.... yea that worked out well for them
wasn't glide completely proprietary? I don't remember

I remember being really happy when games gave me that glide option or a "mini 3dfx gl driver". They always ran way faster.

Back