AMD's ATI Eyefinity Technology Review @ [H]

I have discovered an unfortunate side effect of having an eyefinity setup: I get motion sickeness somtimes playing games. It gets so bad sometimes, I actually am thinking about going back to a single monitor. This sucks.

Just need to play more. :)

Can anyone run your CRT on the 58xx series in DX 10\11 titles faster than 60hz??? My 4890 worked fine with powerstrip, not its locked at 60 again :(

Sometimes you have to get your desktop going at the higher refresh and run the game in windowed mode :(

I was running 9.8 and a 4890 and everything was fine, but then I upgraded to 10.2 and 5850 and it no longer works. I read on the Powerstrip forums, the developer was saying he doubts he will support custom refresh timings on the 58xx series because ATI is not giving him any support at all.... not good news.

I have discovered an unfortunate side effect of having an eyefinity setup: I get motion sickeness somtimes playing games. It gets so bad sometimes, I actually am thinking about going back to a single monitor. This sucks.

i had the same problem. everytime i got a bigger screen it more more noticeable. and i find hte larger it is the longer it takes to get used to it. it took me about a week to get over my nausea on my new setup. make sure your screens arent too angled ( about 30-33 degrees should be enough) i had mine at about 45 ish degrees and my eyes were killing me. measured it out and found it was way too sharp. i made a little angle template on some paper and made it about 33 degrees and wow what a difference. the other thing is what games are you playing? games with shitty FOV give massive problems.

I am new to these forums, just recently finshed my Eyefininty setup with a 5850 and three Acer 24" monitors in 3x1 landscape modes. The FOV is awesome on games that support it like Bad Company 2, Star Trek Online or Bioshock 2 (I don't mind the fisheye view at all) and even for games using Widescreen Fixer. How does the FOV on the 3x1 portrait setup differ in comparison to the FOV of the landscape setup, because from what I have seen it appears that portrait setup has less of the periphial FOV than the landscape, but most games seem more compatible with the portrait setup. I was half thinking about trying out the portrait setup but the Acer monitors don't have the ablility to rotate the montior to a vertical position, kind of a drawback but then again if portrait doesn't have the really extended FOV like landscape then I would just stick with what I have.

MGalleryItem.php

MGalleryItem.php

MGalleryItem.php

Very interesting guys.. But two more 24" and new GPU.... i better start saving money.

Sorry if I missed it while skimming through the pages, but is the 20" + 30" + 20" (two 1600x1200 monitors in portrait mode and one 2560x1600 monitor in the middle) configuration still not working, or do newer drivers allow it?

Sorry if I missed it while skimming through the pages, but is the 20" + 30" + 20" (two 1600x1200 monitors in portrait mode and one 2560x1600 monitor in the middle) configuration still not working, or do newer drivers allow it?

Still not an option.

I am new to these forums, just recently finshed my Eyefininty setup with a 5850 and three Acer 24" monitors in 3x1 landscape modes. The FOV is awesome on games that support it like Bad Company 2, Star Trek Online or Bioshock 2 (I don't mind the fisheye view at all) and even for games using Widescreen Fixer. How does the FOV on the 3x1 portrait setup differ in comparison to the FOV of the landscape setup, because from what I have seen it appears that portrait setup has less of the periphial FOV than the landscape, but most games seem more compatible with the portrait setup. I was half thinking about trying out the portrait setup but the Acer monitors don't have the ablility to rotate the montior to a vertical position, kind of a drawback but then again if portrait doesn't have the really extended FOV like landscape then I would just stick with what I have.

If you want to have your monitors in portrait, then you'll have to buy a monitor arm, assuming that the Acer 24" monitors are VESA mount compatible. Your FOV will be reduced in Portrait mode. But the images you see will look taller and bigger.

3600x1920 instead of 5760x1200. In portrait mode, the widness of your FOV would be 62.5% of landscape mode.

This is a rather lengthy thread so I only scanned through it, but has anyone found problems with Eyefinity when using different monitors even if the resolution is the same? For example I own a 2407WFP and a 2408WFP and have been thinking about getting a 3rd monitor and a new vid card, but would the differences in the panels be noticable?

This is a rather lengthy thread so I only scanned through it, but has anyone found problems with Eyefinity when using different monitors even if the resolution is the same? For example I own a 2407WFP and a 2408WFP and have been thinking about getting a 3rd monitor and a new vid card, but would the differences in the panels be noticable?

Brother I have almost the same question!
I currently have a 2407-HC and want to buy 2x2407 (non HC) panels. I think I can deal with the color difference, but on the surface this sounds like a crazy thing to try. I'vee seen 2408s for sale, but the input lag is supposed to be poor. Either case I could end up using 3 different monitors with the same resolution.

Now If I use a 3x2407 setup I would have 2 buy an active display port adapter. I think I could be all set, but can someone please chime in?

I have an Alienware AW2310 which is great on my 5970.

I've just ordered myself 2 more for EyeFinity... and I plan to keep 120hz. badman from WSGF has written me a .inf file to try to keep 3 x 120hz. This is the problem people are experiencing and the user a few pages back with Vanguard - I think this will be a fix with ATI very shortly.

First time with multiple monitors - I've owned everything from a 14" CRT to 21" Sony CRT to 21/22/23/24/27/30" monitors now back to 23" but 120hz.

It'll be pretty cool to go back and play some games with a totally new look.

:D

I run 2 30"s and 1 28" in landscape mode and it works fine. I will replace the 28" in the future and I am limited to 5760x1200.

has anyone had any success with Eyefinity with 20" + 30" + 20" yet? (putting 20" s on 90 degree rotation of course)_ thanks

I do not agree with ATI on the three display 120hz option.

I have a 5870 and a Aleinware 120hz LCD.

1. There are three connections on the back of the ATI card. Two are dual link and one is HDMI. The HDMI is hardware restricted to 60hz. I do not know how anyone can get three 120hz LCDs to run a 120hz using one card.

2. For SLI it may be possible as there will be two cards and a total of 4 DVI dual link capable ports. But I don't know if that will work.

3. Newer ATI cards (6xxx series) Some have a gimped DVI port. One is dual link the other is not. Meaning if you have one 120hz LCD you need to see which port is 120hz capable. Also this means dual displays are at 60hz using this card.

4. I have two Alienware 120hz LCDs and just set them up using ATI eye infinity. I could not get them both to run at 120hz. It seemed to default to 60hz and 120hz was greyed out. Maybe someone can help me with that. It should be possible to run two at 120hz.

Update: Talked with ATI support, they believe this is not a hardware limitation but a software one, suggested trying the new drivers coming out later this week and submitting feedback on the new drivers if they do not have 120hz options to let the driver developers know what is going on. Not many people are running the 120hz LCDs yet so it may just be overlooked.

1. There are three connections on the back of the ATI card. Two are dual link and one is HDMI. The HDMI is hardware restricted to 60hz. I do not know how anyone can get three 120hz LCDs to run a 120hz using one card.

2. For SLI it may be possible as there will be two cards and a total of 4 DVI dual link capable ports. But I don't know if that will work.

3. Newer ATI cards (6xxx series) Some have a gimped DVI port. One is dual link the other is not. Meaning if you have one 120hz LCD you need to see which port is 120hz capable. Also this means dual displays are at 60hz using this card.

4. I have two Alienware 120hz LCDs and just set them up using ATI eye infinity. I could not get them both to run at 120hz. It seemed to default to 60hz and 120hz was greyed out. Maybe someone can help me with that. It should be possible to run two at 120hz.

Really. Look when the last post is made. This isn't even a stick now.

Not sure what you point is. Sorry not sure what part of the country your from, the mean of Stick?

Anyway I did not see an answer for 120hz Three displays, I saw some incorrect ones.

Do you have the answer?

Really. Look when the last post is made. This isn't even a stick now.

1.) I have a 5970 - if you're referring to my post about 3 x AW2310's - you'll see I have given details out of what I'm running.

2.) - Read 1.)

3.) - Read 1.)

4.) - Read 1.)

Not sure what you point is. Sorry not sure what part of the country your from, the mean of Stick?

Anyway I did not see an answer for 120hz Three displays, I saw some incorrect ones.

Do you have the answer?

Below - I'm running a 5970, it has 2 x dual link DVI ports and a miniDP. I used a miniDP to dual link DVI Apple branded adapter. I run 3 x 1920x1080 screens @ 120hz each - it's AMAZING.

I have an Alienware AW2310 which is great on my 5970.

I've just ordered myself 2 more for EyeFinity... and I plan to keep 120hz. badman from WSGF has written me a .inf file to try to keep 3 x 120hz. This is the problem people are experiencing and the user a few pages back with Vanguard - I think this will be a fix with ATI very shortly.

First time with multiple monitors - I've owned everything from a 14" CRT to 21" Sony CRT to 21/22/23/24/27/30" monitors now back to 23" but 120hz.

It'll be pretty cool to go back and play some games with a totally new look.

:D

dear kyle,

is there a way to get the catalyst control center that you used for this review...i'm trying to get 3
lcd's to work in eyefinity but ccc has disabled one and the ccc's help isnt't helpful at all...but the ccc that you used seemed pretty easy to set up....

sincerely
mikeleunm

Back