AMD's ATI 10.3a Catalyst Driver Update @ [H]

I haven't gamed much other than TF2 with these, BUT I can see the profile management is much better. I can switch back between extended and eyefinity and not have to juggle settings each time.

Does this driver fix the DX11 on DX10 cards, black screen issue for AvP? I can't be the only one with this issue. I have the same problem with Vista x64 and Windows 7 x64 with the 10.2 drivers. I have been having to use 9.12 drivers to fix this issue.

This new driver works well for me. My benches went from 63 to 73 in Dirt 2 with vsync off and it locks at 60 with vsync on.
Improvement in Bad Company 2 and Alien Vs Predator also.
I still get black screen in dirt 2 when I turn vsync off but I can stick that by alt-tabbing back to desktop and then back to game so no a big problem.
Overall I am very happy.

I am having trouble enabling bezel management with my new driver I downloaded.
Here is a screenshot of the info page stating I am on the new driver:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1545535/ATI...o screen.jpg

I had to look up a youtube video that showed where the setting is visible.
If I understand correctly what you do is create your eyefinity group, arrange the displays correctly by clicking the blue monitors to create the group then you will br prompted about the bezel management.

I do not get that choice.

Is there another way of doing this.

Thanks for the help
D A N N Y

I am having trouble enabling bezel management with my new driver I downloaded.
Here is a screenshot of the info page stating I am on the new driver:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1545535/ATI...o screen.jpg

I had to look up a youtube video that showed where the setting is visible.
If I understand correctly what you do is create your eyefinity group, arrange the displays correctly by clicking the blue monitors to create the group then you will br prompted about the bezel management.

I do not get that choice.

Is there another way of doing this.

Thanks for the help
D A N N Y

Are you using different monitors or three that are the same?

Weellll...I tried it out, and I'm already having the issue with my cursor turning enormous. I don't know if it's like this for others that have/had this issue but it only happens to me while browsing the internet.

So far it seems like the only driver I can use that doesn't have this cursor issue is the 9.12 hotfix.

Weellll...I tried it out, and I'm already having the issue with my cursor turning enormous. I don't know if it's like this for others that have/had this issue but it only happens to me while browsing the internet.

So far it seems like the only driver I can use that doesn't have this cursor issue is the 9.12 hotfix.

Pardon the cross post but are you having the same issues that I am in here??
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1503350

D A N N Y

Pardon the cross post but are you having the same issues that I am in here??
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1503350

D A N N Y

No it doesn't seem like it really. I don't have any of the corruptions that you seem to be having.

My cursor will just suddenly enlarge, if you use windows magnifier and magnify it 200% that's what my cursor will look like, but the rest of my screen will be fine.

Deltan in post #201 mentioned using windows magnifier to fix it and I had never thought of this. It does indeed work while magnifier is open, but a bit of a pain.

Heaven bench gained +5FPS. Went from 41FPS @ 1920x1200 DX11 to 46FPS. That's a single HD 5870 @ 1030|1300. It was run with default filtering at the indicated res. That's 10.2 vs 10.3a.

I'll try DiRT2 later.

EDIT: For folks having trouble OCing after updating to these drivers try an old version of MSI's Afterburner. I'm still using 110 with AMD's GPU Tool and I have zero problems overclocking my 5870. I boost voltage with Afterburner, apply clocks with AMD's GPU Tool then kick up the fan with Afterburner. Works flawlessly every time.

Last edited:
Is there any way with these drivers to quickly switch between an extended desktop and an Eyefinity set up? I need to use Extend if I want to play Blu-Ray movies as PowerDVD simply won't play them in Eyefinity.

Derangel, you need to setup profiles. Get your eyefinity config all done, then hit the options on the top right hand of the ccc, and go into the profile manager. Then just save that configuration under whatever name you want. Then go change it back to extended mode, and save that as a different profile.

After that, you can just right click the ccc button in your tray to select the profile you want. You could also setup a hotkey combo.

eyefinityprofile.png

Derangel, you need to setup profiles. Get your eyefinity config all done, then hit the options on the top right hand of the ccc, and go into the profile manager. Then just save that configuration under whatever name you want. Then go change it back to extended mode, and save that as a different profile.

After that, you can just right click the ccc button in your tray to select the profile you want. You could also setup a hotkey combo.

eyefinityprofile.png

Thank you. That works perfectly.

Checking these out now. I don't play most of those games, but it sounds like this driver gives all-around improvements. :) The download server is pretty slow though. I'm only downloading at 200KB/S.

2 Dell 2408's
1 Dell 2405

Sounds like you're in the same shitty litter tray as the rest of us poor mugs who have monitors that are of identical sizes, but have inconsistent EDIDs. For some strange reason ATI have deemed it necessary to screw these people by pointing their drivers at the EDID on the monitors (ignoring any override data in the registry), and disabling bezel management for any monitors it deems are of differing sizes. I bleat on about this issue at every opportunity, but never get a response out of ATI on whether they intend to address it. Put it this way, I think bezel management is important enough to a multi-monitor setup that I will happily sell my two 5850 cards & go with nvidia's offering if it can provide this out of the box without any reliance on crappy EDID info that nobody in the world other than ATI cares about.

I actually decided to risk updating my ATi drivers to 10.3 preview from 9.12 and had about a 50% increase in FPS in BC2. Was at about 40-50 and now I'm between 70-100 with everything maxed but HBAO.

I believe it was supposed to be the 24th for the WHQL 10.3, but remember 10.3a is actually a newer driver than the 10.3 WHQL with a few performance tweaks that didn't make it in time for the WHQL package.

Hey
Crossfire Sapphire 5870's here
(10.3a with 10.2 crossfire profiles and 10.3 crossfire profiles)
Is anyone getting flickering with the use of this latest driver?
I get massive flickering when I use 3 monitors by Extending my desktop to the other two, not eyefinity. The flickering occurs when scrolling or moving windows. Never had this problem before.
I like to use Extended desktops when not gaming so I can have browsers maximized, or even a movie playing at full screen on the left or right monitor.
Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

With Eyefinity there is no way to maximize without going all 3 monitors wide, so I make the window as tall as possible and when playing movies (esp) I'll get flickering black row at the very bottom of the left and right monitor

I just downloaded the 10.3 update and I can't get my screen back to normal. I have black edges around the screen when set in 1080p hdtv. If I set it to 1650 x 1050, it works fine though. I can't find a stretch to fit option on my CCC. Anybody help???

I just downloaded the 10.3 update and I can't get my screen back to normal. I have black edges around the screen when set in 1080p hdtv. If I set it to 1650 x 1050, it works fine though. I can't find a stretch to fit option on my CCC. Anybody help???

CCC
Desktops & Displays
Right-click the monitor in question
Configure
Scaling Options
Drag it all the way to the right

There may be a better way but that's the way I figured out and I haven't cared enough to keep looking.

CCC
Desktops & Displays
Right-click the monitor in question
Configure
Scaling Options
Drag it all the way to the right

There may be a better way but that's the way I figured out and I haven't cared enough to keep looking.

Fixed and thanks man!

FYI: Running WHQL 10.3, from 10.2, on a 5870, w/ Everest, and no problems so far.

since I installed these drivers i had afew crashes with COH so I think I am going back to 10.2

anybody else having issues with company of heros? not the first time for ati :(

Since installing 10.3 my computer keeps crashing anytime I tried burning a DVD went back to the 10.2 and no more crashes

The only issue I've had is with sleep. Whenever I put the computer in sleep mode I've got about a 50/50 chance of it hanging and needing a hard reset. If I uninstall the drivers, the system will go to sleep correctly every time. The moment I reinstall them it starts having the problem again. I've been having the issue since the 10.2's.

The only issue I've had is with sleep. Whenever I put the computer in sleep mode I've got about a 50/50 chance of it hanging and needing a hard reset. If I uninstall the drivers, the system will go to sleep correctly every time. The moment I reinstall them it starts having the problem again. I've been having the issue since the 10.2's.

damn i thought my problem the other day was just me. i came home to find instead of my system sleeping, my monitors were on standby and both my video card fans were at 100%....holy crap sounds like a vacuum. worked fine for 2 days, then today it just didnt go into sleep mode at all. ati i thought we were done with the sleep issues.....

since I installed these drivers i had afew crashes with COH so I think I am going back to 10.2

anybody else having issues with company of heros? not the first time for ati :(

Not with CoH but I'm still getting Black SODs where I have to hard reboot on many games (HoI3, SupCom, M&B, ETW, etc), although GSB worked fine for 3 straight hours! (and I've been keeping logs of the crash files)/

I've tried using 9.10, 10.2, and 10.3 since I can't find 9.11 or 9.12 to try. I'm using a MSI-made 4870 though, Win7 x64, DX11 (which is the constant in all my troubles). The weird thing to me is even with 10.3 and other driver's up to date, the problem hasn't gone away! It only started after I reinstalled Win7 on the SSD I got. Cards not overheating either...I did notice a difference between 10.2 and 10.3 but while the BLSOD is less frequent, its still there!

Back