AMD's ATI 10.3a Catalyst Driver Update @ [H]

Ummm... READ the Thread- we've already had those links and already been ALL OVER about how they are still working on fixing the links.

Links are correct now. Look forward to trying these out later tonight.

"ati_catalyst_10.3a_preview_64-bit_win7_vista_march16.exe"

Anyone else have issues with the 10.2 drivers and if the 10.3 will fix it. With Xfire duplicate display mode?

prelude, 2 monitor set up (yep sorry no 3 way yet). I am using them in duplicate mode, 2 exact desktops appear on each one ( reason is one monitor is in different location, so can view / use system remotely via wireless from 2 locations for same computer.)

Here is my issue: Was using single ati ( diamond multimeda branded) 5770.
Dual duplicate display - desktop mode worked perfectly fine no troulbe, in 3D games also duplicate mode worked fine no troubles noted, games played and desktop show exact on both monitors.

Recently upgraded to a 2nd 5770 for XFIRE, same brand of card extact model type reference as well ati 5770.

with XFIRE enabled, desktop dpulicate mode seems fine works normally, now the problems I have are when going to 3D applications or games. I get zero video signal on 2nd monitor, message on the screen says no video signal found. This happens when I run games, I get full signal loss on the 2nd display. The monitor even states video singal not found and shuts off message. If i exit the games, the 2nd monitor immeadiately resumes to desktop duplicate mode.

Also when I launch games now with xfire enabled, I get brief graphical corruption lag on screen, A bunch of colored blocks appear on video swicth from desktop to game mode for quick flash on screen then the normal game screens appear and they seem to play normally from that point. This never occured at all with a single card configuration.

Is my 2nd new card bad or is it something with eyefinity or xfire causing this problem any ideas ???

2x - ati 5770
Asus Rampage II gene
Intel core I7-920
Patriot torx 256gb ssd - 2nd drive WD Vraptor 300gb.
6gb 3x2 kingston hyper x ram
LG sata blue ray player - DVD RW drive

ATI seem to suffering from impressive levels of fail quite honestly, I mean besides the fact it is taking them ages just to change to the proper links etc they've still left the old ones up.

Patience is a virtue you do not posses. Not everyone runs on the same time schedule you do. They said that the drivers would be out on the 17th. You have a 24 hour window to work with there.

So buckle up, sit there with your Starbucks and wait, your drivers are on there way. :cool:

Patience is a virtue you do not posses. Not everyone runs on the same time schedule you do. They said that the drivers would be out on the 17th. You have a 24 hour window to work with there.

So buckle up, sit there with your Starbucks and wait, your drivers are on there way. :cool:

I have plenty when required, it isn't required in this case and perhaps I'm a little bit more demanding than you...or perhaps I read some of the comments on Cat maker.

Nice :)

Btw.: I just heard rumor that HardOCP already recieved their Fermi card(s) for review - any comments about this rumor from Kyle?

you are asking the wrong question. kyle is in Canada right?

so kyle do you have the A/C on?

CCC screen shot with these drivers for anyone interested:

cat103preview.png

I was hoping they had some improvements for BF:BC2, but then again with a game so CPU dependent am not sure what gains we would have via this route.

Any news of bezel compensation working for non identical monitors?

Got my first BSOD on the new 10.3a drivers. :mad:
It happened when I ran 3dMark Vantage. Error message: IRQL not valid or something like that.
Is this because the drivers aren't WHQL certified?
Gonna try out some other games, but I can't bench if it's just going to BSOD on me.

PS The Flickering problem when overclocking the GPUS is still there. (Suck!). For some reason, Catalyst continues to underclock the 2D speeds below stable levels when you OC the core/memory.

400/1000 drops to 157/300. WTF?

Last edited:
I am attempting to get the bezel management to work, but the CCC seems to freeze when I click yes I want to compensate.

Three dell 2408s 2 Rev01, 1 Rev02 in portrait mode... XFX 5870

I was hoping they had some improvements for BF:BC2, but then again with a game so CPU dependent am not sure what gains we would have via this route.

These don't look like the graphs of a game that is CPU dependent to me. It's very much GPU hungry and will keep improving as you throw bigger GPU's at it.

Houston we have a problem!!

I've got TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE flickering/graphical problems with Borderlands.

The game is unplayable in its current condition. It was awesome under 9.2 hotfix but 10.3a renders it into crap. Let me see if I can post some screenshots. And believe it or not, the game looks even worse in person than the pictures show.

borderlands1.jpg

borderlands2.jpg

borderlands3.jpg

borderlands4.jpg

So to sum up, 10.3a - BSODs my computer when I try to run 3dmarkVantage, has not fixed 2d issues when overclocking, and has rendered Borderlands unplayable. I wonder what it has in store for me with my other games and apps? Conclusion: Time to rollback the drivers. ATI disappoints again.

It's a preview/beta driver, which nearly always have issues that are resolved in the final versions. Also, Borderlands seems to be so poorly coded it can barely handle saving it's own config settings, let alone handling minor driver issues. I wouldn't use it as an example for anything.

Wow what did they put in this thing that added 25MB to the previous version?
edit: Nevermind, it's got Hydravision included.

Last edited:
Any word on BC2 load issues? I'll have a chance to test this tonight but would like to know if this has been resolved.

bc2 still has the same load times.
Did a benchmark in Dirt 2. Went from 30 avg to 47 avg on highest settings 1920x1200

Its a DX10/11 thing. Try DX9 load times will be lower. This has been an issue with DX10 games too. Something with the textures loading it takes more time.

It still seems odd. I had no issues with load times during the beta, only with the full game.

Since install, my machine has been completely freezing up at random points outside of 3d. But always when entering a 3d environment.

I've just had a simply awful experience with this. Both the February and today's 10.3. In addition every 3d application I tried to open with them won't open unless I reinstall them :( 10.2 continues to work fine for me.

I think these may have issues with users with CRTs still. I installed them on a fresh install of win7 and it only detects one resolution which is "native" and that is it. Any game I tried to launch failed due to the screen trying to change resolutions but failing. I couldn't even change the resolution of the windows desktop. The 10.3 preview betas worked fine as does 10.2. Only these don't work so I assume it'll be something that is fixed.

These fixed exactly 0 of the issues I have.
1) No god damned bezel management even though my displays are the same size, rez, dpi, brand, etc.
2) Unable to rotate displays to portrait

Got my first BSOD on the new 10.3a drivers. :mad:
It happened when I ran 3dMark Vantage. Error message: IRQL not valid or something like that.
Is this because the drivers aren't WHQL certified?
Gonna try out some other games, but I can't bench if it's just going to BSOD on me.

PS The Flickering problem when overclocking the GPUS is still there. (Suck!). For some reason, Catalyst continues to underclock the 2D speeds below stable levels when you OC the core/memory.

400/1000 drops to 157/300. WTF?

the 157/300 is not new, it was added in 10.2 as a new "superior" power play, lowers idle power even more(15w) per card or something like that

Back