AMD's 2017-2019 roadmap

amd-matisse-picasso-701b70701c170c3d07755a700a0470ac6.jpg

amd-ryzen-5-pro-mobile-8104ea45053a64a3302af5ecdb3436d14.jpg

amd-vega-20-6d637cd7b108c027eb00c8f05d3b1ff9e.jpg

Last edited:
This sucks. I was really wanting build my son a Raven RIdge based machine for his bedroom. Now I have to get an Intel based machine or AMD R3 and a discreet gpu which cost more and will perform less within the budget I wanted to allocate. Oh well.

That graph is not too promising when it comes to the GPU performance on that APU, barely above the current crap

That graph is not too promising when it comes to the GPU performance on that APU, barely above the current crap

No surprise. We all know that Vega is an unmitigated disaster and that's why Koduri is on leave.

Fortunately for AMD, it only has to compete with Iris Graphics for the iGPU.

Vega should never have been fabbed on 14nm LPP. Too big a chip concentrates all that heat. Vega 11 is the one to watch if it's 14nm FX or HPP. "12 nm" might get some boost. Have to wait and see.

If they don't push APU graphics to at least twice as fast as the abysmal Bristol Ridge lineup, I'm going to lose all hope in AMD's management.

Vega is meh, except for miners and Freesync folks.

But I like the direction of Ryzen. With CFL almost here, AMD will need the clockspeed boost to tread water and keep competition going. They better hit that February date.

Vega is meh, except for miners and Freesync folks.

But I like the direction of Ryzen. With CFL almost here, AMD will need the clockspeed boost to tread water and keep competition going. They better hit that February date.

Up to 10% clock speed bump according to Global Foundries.

So 2019 are when the big changes will happen with Zen 2 coming out?

Zen2 coming on 2019 just as expected. Raven Ridge delayed to 2018, and Picasso on 2019. So in 2019, AMD mainstream plaftorm will be still quad-core Zen. :eek:

Back