AMDGigabte Aurus Pro Wifi ITX and RGB header confusion

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
LEtme get right to this:

The manual says the CPU LED is 12V RGB
The board LED is 5V DLED

I have the Enermax Aquafusion 240mm AIO
So would I plug the LED for the water block into the system DLED or the CPU LED?

Also, why a 12V RGB and not 2 DLED at 5V?

AFAIK, the AMD LED/RGB ring heatsinks are 12V RGB for the basic ones. I have no clue for the more RGBLED ones with many different lights on the ring.

Of course, I think the AMD heatsinks could also run off of an USB header, but I've never actually used mine.

LEtme get right to this:

The manual says the CPU LED is 12V RGB
The board LED is 5V DLED

I have the Enermax Aquafusion 240mm AIO
So would I plug the LED for the water block into the system DLED or the CPU LED?

Also, why a 12V RGB and not 2 DLED at 5V?
what is the aio rgb type? what does the manual say?

what is the aio rgb type? what does the manual say?
The manual isn't really clear, but it say "If the motherboard DOES support the addressable RGB (ADD headers): connect the RGB Sync cable to the motherboard.
Manual

It doesn't mention voltages. The MB manual says that the CPU_LED is 12v RGB. The system LED riser is DLED, which has the 4 pin connector with a blank pin, and the MB manual says it is 5V. The 12V CPU_LED riser is a standard 4 pin connector, while the DLED riser is your standard 4 pin minus one f the center pins flavor.

I think the way you are suppose to connect the LED water block is to daisy chain it with the included "sync cable" and additional cables they include, but it's not at all clear.

What is clear is that the CPU LED is not DLED, which means the board comes with only one DLED riser.

Last edited:
The manual isn't really clear, but it say "If the motherboard DOES support the addressable RGB (ADD headers): connect the RGB Sync cable to the motherboard.
Manual

It doesn't mention voltages. The MB manual says that the CPU_LED is 12v RGB. The system LED riser is DLED, which has the 4 pin connector with a blank pin, and the MB manual says it is 5V. The 12V CPU_LED riser is a standard 4 pin connector, while the DLED riser is your standard 4 pin minus one f the center pins flavor.

I think the way you are suppose to connect the LED water block is to daisy chain it with the included "sync cable" and additional cables they include, but it's not at all clear.

What is clear is that the CPU LED is not DLED, which means the board comes with only one DLED riser.
link's busted. what connector does the aio have?

link's busted. what connector does the aio have?
Shit:
Manual page 28

The AIO pump has a connector for the CPU FAN that is a 3 pin WFO connctor, and then a port you plug the water block that you plug the LED connection into. Page 28 of the manual says to plug the "sync cable"* into the DLED port on the mother board, but if you follow that, then you ahve no way to extend the DLED control to anything. The next page explains how to link the included controller to the DLED riser, which then explains daisy chaining with the included connectors. *I thikn they are calling teh water block LED cable the Sync cable, but I'm not sure. It'sthe only included cablethat resembleswhat they are talking about. I have a feeling theya re using the same term twice for different applications,such as for MB control and their included controller.

They have a DLED splitter, which is what I connected to the DLED riser, not the "sync cable." I'll plug the water block DLED connection into one of those Ys, and the other into one of the fan's DLED connectors, which have their own Y to connect to the other fan too. That's the only way I can make sense how to do it without using the CPU LED, which, as stated, is a 12V connection, not 5V.

Last edited:
according to that you connect the GB adapter then connect it to the mobo's 5v header.

according to that you connect the GB adapter then connect it to the mobo's 5v header.
Yeah that is another confusion. I don't think Gigabyte uses their own connector anymore. The board only has standard RGB. DLED risers, not the old 3 pin they refer too for Gigabyte boards. I updated my reply to you with additional information, clarification. So,no Gig proprietary connector on this board.

Gigabyte manual page 15

Yeah that is another confusion. I don't think Gigabyte uses their own connector anymore. The board only has standard RGB. DLED risers, not the old 3 pin they refer too for Gigabyte boards. I updated my reply to you with additional information, clarification. So,no Gig proprietary connector on this board.

Gigabyte manual page 15
lol that would help. yeah no need for adapter just plug it into the 5v header.

lol that would help. yeah no need for adapter just plug it into the 5v header.
The thing is they say to plug it into the 5V header, but then no way t plug anything else into. They must mean plug the RGB splitter into the header, then plug in the water block and fans to that?

They have a DLED splitter, which is what I connected to the DLED riser, not the "sync cable." I'll plug the water block DLED connection into one of those Ys, and the other into one of the fan's DLED connectors, which have their own Y to connect to the other fan too. That's the only way I can make sense how to do it without using the CPU LED, which, as stated, is a 12V connection, not 5V.
yes, this is the way

yes, this is the way
Do you know if you can replace the water block to DLED connection with a nice, sleeved wire? The water block end is a DLED connector, but it is a very small version of the MB riser connectors. The one included is thin, non-sleeved, and looks like shit. The CPU fan wire is nicely sleved in white, just like the water block LED should have been. Go figure. It's like they put lipstick on a pig.

Do you know if you can replace the water block to DLED connection with a nice, sleeved wire? The water block end is a DLED connector, but it is a very small version of the MB riser connectors. The one included is thin, non-sleeved, and looks like shit. The CPU fan wire is nicely sleved in white, just like the water block LED should have been. Go figure. It's like they put lipstick on a pig.
most arent sleeved. i picked up some sleeve on amazon to do a few of mine, so far ive only gotten around to a usb c cable

most arent sleeved. i picked up some sleeve on amazon to do a few of mine, so far ive only gotten around to a usb c cable
The LED waterblock connection has 4 pins, but the connector is 3 pin normal DLED, although a smaller than standard connector. Even though the block has 4 pins, the 3 pin DLED connector goes there? It fits,I just tried it. Just wondering why the block connection has 4 pins?

Are you saying a USB c cable works as a DLED connector for the AIO water blocks? Please post image!

The LED waterblock connection has 4 pins, but the connector is 3 pin normal DLED, although a smaller than standard connector. Even though the block has 4 pins, the 3 pin DLED connector goes there? It fits,I just tried it. Just wondering why the block connection has 4 pins?

Are you saying a USB c cable works as a DLED connector for the AIO water blocks? Please post image!
no idea, one pin might not do anything. use whatever combo works to get everything connected to the 5v.
no i bought sleeving to do some cables in my system and ended up only sleeving the usb-c cable for my phone, so far.

no idea, one pin might not do anything. use whatever combo works to get everything connected to the 5v.
no i bought sleeving to do some cables in my system and ended up only sleeving the usb-c cable for my phone, so far.
I see to sleeve the shitty looking LED calbe fro the water block. Do you have a link to the sleeves? Also, the fitting for the water block side LED - what is that? If I can find out what that is, I'll start looking to see if I can find a sleeved version, or build one from scratch with a sleeve.

Rig is all together for a test run. No cabling or anything done, just all connected and ready to go. Gonna game some on my old rig, then tomorrow toss in the Vid card and let her rip. I already posted it with the old air clooer and it had no problems. Hope I didn't get anything fucked up mounting the AIO.

Back