amd64 slow ram bench. Help!!

scotty do

Limp Gawd
Heres me setup

Epox 9NDA3+
AMD64 3200 Winchester
OCZ 2x512 3500EL (one stick is questionable, reports as 2700 in cpuz. OCZ and people say thats normal)
ATI 9600XT

Right now running
HTT: 260
HT: 3x
CPU: 10x
2.7v memory
AGP: 67
memoy:

Cas: 2
Ras to Cas: 3
Ras precharge: 3
Cycle Time: 10
Bank Cycle Time: 9
Dram Idle Time: 16

SATA ports running in 1&2
Ram in banks 3&4

Untitled-2.jpg

if your talking about slow benchmarks? :confused: edit * your picture is not working for me

then check your ram placement. it may not be in dual channle mode

Yeah, it is definatly is in dual mode. banks 3&4. Bios, CPU-Z reports as dual channel.

Picture up now, sorry.

yeah, if it was single channel, the bandwidth would be around 3000mb/s for a normal system

two things:
1. why did you back off on the memory divider so far?
2. what is the command rate?

(sorry about first post, pic wasn't working before :p)

thats not just a memory bench that sandra does. cpu, northbridge, ect. so taking the htt down from x5 would make the memory benchs suffer wouldnt it?

codegrinder said:
thats not just a memory bench that sandra does. cpu, northbridge, ect. so taking the htt down from x5 would make the memory benchs suffer wouldnt it?
it is just a memory bench on the a64 because of how the memory controller is on the cpu die now ;)
(and it was before the memory controller was on-die, but you had to take the fsb into consideration too)

isn't the problem that the ram is clocked at 178mhz 2-3-3?
The ram is rated at 3500, which would be 233 I think, and it's EL which is TCCD I think, which means that it should be running 300+ 3-4-4 if you knew what you were buying.

mikelz85 said:
isn't the problem that the ram is clocked at 178mhz 2-3-3?
The ram is rated at 3500, which would be 233 I think, and it's EL which is TCCD I think, which means that it should be running 300+ 3-4-4 if you knew what you were buying.
This man makes a good point.

I was just surprised that with all the included details in the post, he missed something as big as what his memory frequency was.

My Ram is set to 133 in the bios, Is this what you are talking about?

Even at stock settings, it runs a little bit faster closer to 5000mb/sec.

I appreciate everyones help so far.

do you see the little picture you posted that reads your ram @ 178mhz? I don't want to be condescending, but either you are relatively new to this deal (in which case help is on the way), or you are someone that has made an extreme user error in memory dividers.

Ok. I think i just got desperate and bumped the memory down figuring that was what was holding me back. Erm, don't know what I was thinking.

Ram is back to 166
Newest Settings:

CPU: 2577.27
HTT: 257.73
Memory: 214.77

Memory at 5266MB/s now in sandra.

What should I put my memory timings at? As someone suggested...

3-4-4 ?

Also, setting any settings in A64Tweaker crashes my computer immediatly...

Keeping the HT at 3x?

oi.

keep the ht link at 3x
keep the timings as low as you get get them, while still being stable. since you're around rated speed.. use rated timings ;)
but that bandwidth bench is still pretty low. i repeat, do you have the command rate at 1T or 2T (also known as CMD or CPC)

Back