AMD X6 1100T - 6 Cores @ 3.3ghz for under $200

Well, I ordered, will be selling my 1090t now lol, minor upgrade but fingers crossed it really is binned higher.

Is a 1055t the same deal just clocked lower? That's what I'm rocking now, but this is amazing.

VERY tempting. Just wish this was Newegg instead so I wouldn't get charged sales tax.

Time to upgrade from my dual core! I had planned on getting a 1090t but this is the same price so thanks for the heads up!

VERY tempting. Just wish this was Newegg instead so I wouldn't get charged sales tax.
I'm perfectly happy this is TD. Newegg charges ME sales tax and not TD. TD's one of the few stores that doesn't.

However as someone else suggested it is not an upgrade from an X4, at least not one of the newer PHENOMII X4's.......6cores is pretty much good for nothing right now and by the time it is its too slow....ill take my 3.7Ghz X4 over a 3.3Ghz X6 any day

But they overclock very well :) My x4 didn't do as well IIRC.

I guess if you happened to get a poorly clocking X4 and got lucky with a good clocking X6 it would be ok. A BE 955 can be had for < $150 and they are all pretty much good for 3.6-3.8 without even trying.

Well I could get up to 3.85 on the x4; not sure if my other hardware was limiting. With the x6 I'm at 4.2 atm. I'm not a super pro oc guy I will admit.

neither am i.. im on 955BE and never tried to overclock.....wonder if this deal would be worth it tho

Well I could get up to 3.85 on the x4; not sure if my other hardware was limiting. With the x6 I'm at 4.2 atm. I'm not a super pro oc guy I will admit.

Ok I have to ask. What are you expecting going from a 3.85Ghz X4 to a 4.2Ghz X6? Kind of strange. What is wrong with a 3.85Ghz X4 anyways and why is that "not a good overclocker"? That's awesome!

However as someone else suggested it is not an upgrade from an X4, at least not one of the newer PHENOMII X4's.......6cores is pretty much good for nothing right now and by the time it is its too slow....ill take my 3.7Ghz X4 over a 3.3Ghz X6 any day

It's very good for virtualization.

Very tempting but I can wait for these to drop more for bulldozer or I'll just switch to intel/bulldozer.

I've been considering doing this upgrade from my current Phenom II 965 @ 3.7ghz @ stock voltage if for no other reason than for folding. Must resist and wait for Bulldozer...........

Actually going from quad core to hex core can make a difference. My tri sli setup was just sluggish until I went hex core. My hex core was also running at almost half the speed. But in all honesty you'd be batter off just switching to intel. I have an x2 550 which unlocks to a quad and hit's 3.9 on stock voltage and it can't compare to any of my stock i7 920's

Actually going from quad core to hex core can make a difference. My tri sli setup was just sluggish until I went hex core. My hex core was also running at almost half the speed. But in all honesty you'd be batter off just switching to intel. I have an x2 550 which unlocks to a quad and hit's 3.9 on stock voltage and it can't compare to any of my stock i7 920's

Honestly, I can't really tell the difference between my i7 and x6, in Handbrake I do notice the i7 is a bit quicker, but in games no big diff. Bear in mind I use Vsync.

BTW, that's a golden 550 you got there...I had to give my x3 740 some voltage to get it to 3.8Ghz after unlocking it to quad.

If your applications can benefit from multithreading, then 6 cores is better than 4 cores. If you are encoding high definition video, or running simulations in Matlab that benefit from parallelization, stepping up the number of processors can make a significant difference. If all you are doing is playing WoW and chatting on IM, then a dualie is just as good as the hex-core unit.

Tri-SLI pretty much negates anything having to do with getting a budget CPU though....which was the point of this thread....it's a great value.....Tri-SLI and great value never can exist in the same thread, sorry

If your applications can benefit from multithreading, then 6 cores is better than 4 cores. If you are encoding high definition video, or running simulations in Matlab that benefit from parallelization, stepping up the number of processors can make a significant difference. If all you are doing is playing WoW and chatting on IM, then a dualie is just as good as the hex-core unit.

Playing Dawn of War 2 and StarCraft2 on my i7 quad laptop with 5660 mobile ATi is significantly smoother than dual 550 BE with a 5770. I know its not the best comparison but the difference is night and day really. WoW is a very CPU intensive game also, but I quit that last year and don't feel like testing it just to prove a point.

Really tempting since I'd like an unlocked cpu, but I don't know what to do with my current 1055T :(

Playing Dawn of War 2 and StarCraft2 on my i7 quad laptop with 5660 mobile ATi is significantly smoother than dual 550 BE with a 5770. I know its not the best comparison but the difference is night and day really. WoW is a very CPU intensive game also, but I quit that last year and don't feel like testing it just to prove a point.

Well....I played WoW with my GF (she's on the 1090t of course), I hit Ctrl+R to get FPS and lo and behold they both run at a constant 60fps. We are in the same area (we play together :D ) So I see no difference...

Back