AMD Vega and Zen Gaming System Rocks Doom At 4K Ultra Settings

it is that reason exactly. Yes fiji did cut some compute to lower than Hawaii, but in general AMD has left compute in their cards, full stack. I mentioned before, there was a game in the 290/780 time frame where AMD had a huge lead. The developers commented on using a moderate amount of compute, which the NVidia counterparts were struggling. If AMD reduced their compute as much as Nvidia did the discrepancy, which with current cards isn't that huge, would be far less. it is just the overall touting of efficiency in a OCers forum even with top tier cards that is completely laughable.

Top tier cards are not supposed to be *inefficient*, they are expected to draw large amounts of power, not be inefficient. Titan X is more or less just as efficient as a 1080 at similar clocks and similar cooling.

"the developers commented on using a moderate amount of compute, with which the nvidia counterparts were struggling " what does this mean?

We have already established that FP64 rates being higher or lower does not mean 'cut compute' unless you're looking at FP64.

Also, the developers of what? Where did they comment? What did they comment about?

Are you telling me that someone somewhere ran an FP64 benchmark on 1:2 DP rate Hawaii GPU and compared to the 1:32 Kepler and was surprised to investigate which was faster?

Excuse me a moment while I lick a white hot metal skewer to check if it's hot

Back