AMD upgrade or not with corona govt check of 1,200 Bucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fightingfi

2[H]4U
Im thinking of upgrading while i can i dont need to just wondering what if any AMD cpu might be more kick butt then what ive got allready?
Gigabyte x570 Mb
AMD 3700x stock
16 gigs of ram ddr4 3600 stock
120 AIO x2 120 fans push pull config
RTX 2070 MSI stock
2x2 m.2 drives
3 ssd's
27 inch mon 2560x1440
win 10 Pro

Playing Half Life Alyx , HL2 CSS TFC DOOM etc....

I mean, the 3950x kicks more butt, but only a little more than the 3700x in most games and it's not very cheap...gpu is a better buy for gaming. Go 2080 super or ti if that check is already burning a hole in your pocket, or since you obviously don't need the extra money, give it to somebody that does.

I think if you're looking to upgrade from that setup, then you don't need the money :p.

I would probably get a 3900x personally and then sell the 3700x for ~$250. Save the rest of the money for random expenses. I mean that's what it's supposed to be for.

More kick butt than 3700x?

Although I love my 3700X at work working from home I got myself a 3900X this week. Have not opened the boxes yet. Probably tomorrow. Working from home seems to mean working 7 days a week 10+ hours a day...

I would just sit on it. Ampere will be out by September. The most video performance bump you couild get would be 40-50% faster, and I doubyt you're processor-limited.

And who knows - the tweaks in Zen 3 I/O might be able to jump that missing 10% IPC Zen 2 gap in games. In most games, the higher clocks of the 3950X do very little.

No reason to upgrade what you have. Wait till next gen Ryzen and NV/AMD vid cards.

Although I love my 3700X at work working from home I got myself a 3900X this week. Have not opened the boxes yet. Probably tomorrow. Working from home seems to mean working 7 days a week 10+ hours a day...

You know its almost identical performance to the 3700x for most everything with exception of like cpu intensive tasks like video editing or encoding right heh. Literally like 2 fps difference in games.

Absolutely spend the money.

The stimulus is supposed to stimulate the economy by getting people to spend it.

So I say get a top end GPU or like others said find a really struggling family and donate.it so thier kids dont starve.

struggling family and donate.it so thier kids dont starve. I understand this but it wouldnt be my kids and sounded like the parents arent or wouldnt be responisble and they would get MORE money than me having kids since i dont have any.............its an extra 500 per kid ........

struggling family and donate.it so thier kids dont starve. I understand this but it wouldnt be my kids and sounded like the parents arent or wouldnt be responisble and they would get MORE money than me having kids since i dont have any.............its an extra 500 per kid ........

Its only going to those that have filed taxes.

But anyways if you get hardware id get a bad to the ass GPU since its gonna have the highest impact.

You know its almost identical performance to the 3700x for most everything with exception of like cpu intensive tasks like video editing or encoding right heh. Literally like 2 fps difference in games.

Yes, In my case I can easily max out the cores. If it was not for the enormous financial hit I had in the last month I would have considered even more cores..

Im thinking of upgrading while i can i dont need to just wondering what if any AMD cpu might be more kick butt then what ive got allready?
Gigabyte x570 Mb
AMD 3700x stock
RTX 2070 MSI stock
2x2 m.2 drives
3 ssd's
27 inch mon 2560x1440
win 10 Pro

when it shows up make a point to spend your check at small businesses in your area, they’ll need it.

Only upgrade I see there is a 2080 Super or Ti or an ultrawide monitor (if you're into that sort of thing).

Yes and yes. Although the a big negative for me is AMD does not pay a dividend. All of my purchases in the last 2 years were dividend payers.

Gigabyte x570 Mb
AMD 3700x stock
RTX 2070 MSI stock
2x2 m.2 drives
3 ssd's
27 inch mon 2560x1440
win 10 Pro

I would wait till gen 3 tbh or sell your 2070 for $400, buy a 2080 super. That's a pretty large upgrade at 30% or so. Spend the rest buying from local business.

I would save the cash, people are under the assumption that these lost jobs are coming back, in for a rude surprise folks.
After this pandemic is contained companies are going to realize that you do not need all these office jobs, one person can remotely do the jobs of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back