AMD Unviels Barcelona Archetcture! =p

:p there's nothing new there. AMD itself has stated all of that before, except for now officially announcing the launch speeds and pricing that were leaked over a week or longer ago.

Hopefully Monday will have a full set of server performance numbers *for the launch speed parts*. No more estimates and no more "look, but don't touch or benchmark" pictures. Finally.

:p there's nothing new there. AMD itself has stated all of that before, except for now officially announcing the launch speeds and pricing that were leaked over a week or longer ago.

Hopefully Monday will have a full set of server performance numbers *for the launch speed parts*. No more estimates and no more "look, but don't touch or benchmark" pictures. Finally.

If barc cpus are Socket F(1207) are the FX70+ not on the same socket"? maybe a decent mobo to test them on ^^

I like the Phenom Case badge :)

But I think ill stick with my Core 2 Architecture a while longer for sure.

I am honestly surprised we have not had any real leaks up to this point. I was hoping to see something.

ya I noticed that, but i was hoping for some real world benches. Does not matter much now though. I will get all I can handle Monday.

What is that, Socket F+? I read it was supposed to be out this quarter and with only a few weeks left I still haven't heard a word about the launch yet.

Unfortunately, HT3.0 is a long ways off. This is a direct result of AMD letting their chipset eggs rest in the baskets of nVidia and ATI. Both of which are utterly incompetent. I don't care what you think you heard or what you think you've seen. They are utterly incompetent. Multi-3600 boards require multiple signal repeaters just to keep stable.
HT3.0 is a long ways off, and likely will first come in the form of a part like, say, AMD8311 or similar, in the server segment. HT3.0 requires very good signal stability, and because of the high data rate, yes, it's likely to throw a goodly amount of heat. We may see HT2.0 parts before then (remember, HT is backward compatible between majors,) which would still be a significant improvement. However, there is little to no benefit to HT3.0 in the desktop segment, anyways.

Good news, everyone!

Anandtech seems to be preparing its review: AMD's Quadcore: defending new found territory

The link was briefly active with the title and date, but no content yet.

The title seems to refer to HPC, since that is AMD's "new found territory." Too bad it's such a tiny fraction of the server chip market by volume or revenue.

The title seems to refer to HPC, since that is AMD's "new found territory." Too bad it's such a tiny fraction of the server chip market by volume or revenue.

Unfortunately, true. AMD is making serious headway in blades, but in part being held up by the incompetents at VMware. (You cannot Vmotion or migrate between AMD and Intel even if both are running identical installs.) This is keeping Intel ahead in the blades; AMD actually has much better blade offerings in the HE processors. They're also being handicapped by Sun, who's continuing QC and customer service problems combined with their abandonment of UltraSPARC for Opteron, is actually turning off a good number of customers.
http://www.cuddletech.com/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=808
That's a good example of what Sun's been doing to Opteron. This is hurting AMD tremendously, because largely, when customers abandon Sun? They do not return - ever. (Sun's customer retention skipped the toilet and went straight to the sewage system.) In addition to this, Sun is flaunting that the systems have Opteron, creating a lot of negative brand awareness for AMD.

Back