AMD Super HOT Coupons!!

Chops said:
Yeah thats pretty weird. Mine idles anywhere between 26 and 32 c depending on ambient temperature and fan speed. I don't think I've ever had it over 41c on load though.

I hopefully will get those temperatures upon receiving the new chip. I have a P180 case as well...so the airflow is quite good. Thanks for your input on temps.

Jared

jcll2002 said:
are you overclocking it?

I said in my original post that I have not got to overclocking it yet. Figured if the temps were this high to begin with there was no point in making them worse. The prime failing is what triggers this as being really bad to me. Either way a new one will be here Wednesday. Hopefully I have a better experience on Wednesday. :)

Jared

jcll2002 said:
sorry, i misread your post

Not a problem. :) Trust me...I have reseated this thing so many times and used two different heatsinks...temps suck every time.

Jared

Keep this thread on topic please, this is [H]ot Deals, not Overclocking and Cooling.....off topic posts will be deleted from this point onward.

MajorDomo said:
Keep this thread on topic please, this is [H]ot Deals, not Overclocking and Cooling.....off topic posts will be deleted from this point onward.

Me receiving a defective chip from a [H]ot deal isn't on topic? Whatever... :confused:

Well considering this is the [H]ard|Forum, I'd think the overclocking results of the product are rather important as to how good of a deal is presented. However, if that's not the case, then I'll keep my results to myself, keeping the information from prospective customers to Monarch, nullifying the purpose of these coupons and all marketing associated with Monarch and Hard|Forum. Good idea.

If you wish to discuss the merits of the processor, take it to the AMD forum, overclocking, Overclocking and Cooling, that is why we have them. This one happens to be [H]ot Deals, keep it on topic.

so, what do you guys reccommend? The 170 or 165? The 165 is about $100 cheaper. Also, itll be on the sli infinity mobo.

KingPing said:
got my 170 on Friday

CCBWE 0551UPMW.....lets see what it can do:)

Wow, an 0551? Now I'm really excited to see my stepping tomorrow. :) Less than 24 hours away!

NoDamage said:
I just got my 165 that I ordered on the 9th. It is an 0546MPMW. Unfortunately, it looks obviously like it has been used before. The tiny package was sealed with a few layers of scotch tape that looked like it had been opeened and closed repeatedly, and the CPU surface itself didn't look terribly new. I hope I didn't get a dud that someone else returned.
Well, after a couple days testing with my components and a friend's system, I can conclude that the chip I got was in fact, a dud. It is not stable at all in either system, while his 165 works perfectly fine in both. :( Oh well, I hope the RMA process goes smoothly. I was initially worried when the stepping I got was an 0546 when it seemed like most people were getting 0550's and 0551's.

CompGeek said:
lol, 0551 = guaranteed mediocre, maybe 2.8ghz

Yes, but that's one week off from 0550.....I can hope. :D

Edit: Processor has arrived: CCB1E 0608MPMW Should be interesting.

I received my replacement today and it is a CCB1E 0608MPMW as well. My old one was a CCB1E 0606VPMW. I'm not even sure how it clocked since the temperatures were so hot at stock. We will see with my new one since the temperatures are great now.

Jared

yeah let us know as they just put mine in the mail today, wednesday is the day ;)

Mine is at 1.4v 2.8GHz, with room to spare. I'd have to say the 0608 stepping isn't too bad at all. :)

My friend just ordered and got CCB1E 0608 MPMW 02xx batch. I'll get my hands on it in a week to oc.

tsuehpsyde said:
Mine is at 1.4v 2.8GHz, with room to spare. I'd have to say the 0608 stepping isn't too bad at all. :)

Awesome news!!! What did you get it to on stock voltage?

Thanks,
Jared

My box containing my Opteron 165 (ccb1e 0608mpmw) came in just now. Someone please tell me why it was taped shut, with the surface of the CPU looking as if it had already been used. It's pretty crappy of Monarch to be sending out used/refurbished/returned CPUs. My case is coming in tomorrow, so I'll be testing it out, but I remain discouraged.

brianoh said:
My box containing my Opteron 165 (ccb1e 0608mpmw) came in just now. Someone please tell me why it was taped shut, with the surface of the CPU looking as if it had already been used. It's pretty crappy of Monarch to be sending out used/refurbished/returned CPUs. My case is coming in tomorrow, so I'll be testing it out, but I remain discouraged.

OEM CPUs just come in that plastic flip case, with scotch tape sealing it shut.
AMD heatspreaders always look like they've been used, with some minor surface scratches and the corners are not perfect. Even retail box CPUs come the same way; they just include a HSF, sticker, paperwork, and the green box.

That's just the way it is.

brianoh said:

Yeah, that's what we call OEM.

brianoh said:

Way to make accusations before researching what an OEM product is. :rolleyes:

synergyo1 said:
Way to make accusations before researching what an OEM product is. :rolleyes:

OEMs aren't supposed to look used. Trust me, I know what OEMs are, but this is the first AMD CPU I've received where there were actual physical blemishes on the surface of the CPU.

It shouldn't look used. Mine always look slightly shiny with marks from the machine kinda. I know AS5 leaves a slight discoloration where it was. Alcohol usually doesn't clean it completely off as if it stains the IHS or something. You shouldn't see any residue on it. You should be alright man.

Jared

Looks like you are the only one got the used/refurbished/returned one, then.

brianoh said:
OEMs aren't supposed to look used. Trust me, I know what OEMs are, but this is the first AMD CPU I've received where there were actual physical blemishes on the surface of the CPU.

AMDGuy said:
Looks like you are the only one got the used/refurbished/returned one, then.
No, if you look back through the thread there are several complaints about this exact same problem.

jcll2002 said:
Ah! should i not get an oem?

I don't think they are sending used chips out. The wait was delayed because they were waiting on them to come from AMD...I don't even know how they would have used ones lying around.

Jared

MaStA819 said:
...I don't even know how they would have used ones lying around.

Jared

Why, from all of the the RMA'ed ones that were shitty o/c's! :rolleyes:

But then, I think we should get a public response on this from Monarch just so that it's on the record.

Back