AMD Stock - How Much Money Have You Made

cheeta05r

Gawd
With the possibility of Dell using Opterons AMD share price has went up about $4.00 in two days. So how much money have you guys made? And how high do you think it is going to go?

I bought stock on May 7th 2002, March 1st 2004, and May 3rd 2004. I don't have that much money so my total investment was only a few thousand dollars purchasing only a few hundred shares.

cheeta05r said:
With the possibility of Dell using Opterons AMD share price has went up about $4.00 in two days. So how much money have you guys made? And how high do you think it is going to go?

I bought stock on May 7th 2002, March 1st 2004, and May 3rd 2004. I don't have that much money so my total investment was only a few thousand dollars purchasing only a few hundred shares.

Haha I'm still laughing my roomate bought it when it was like @ $15 a few months ago then it went to $10 then he sold and broke even now he's yelling everytime he sees it @ $21 lol.

I bought AMD stock ($1000) worth when it was at about $6/share. So I've made approximately $2490. Mind you, I've sold shares and bought as it climbed/dipped, so I've probably made a few extra bucks along the way. I'll know for sure at the end of the year :)

Anyhow, all the money I make on AMD goes back into the company anyhow. I usually buy more processors...LOL

You just got to hold on. I bought in 2002 at $10.74 and then the share price went all the way down to $3.50. I new AMD was a worth more than that so I didn't worry about it. If you look long term, you'll do fine, try to play it short and you better be good because its really easy to get screwed.

(I would have bought at $3.50-4.00 but I didn't have any more money, damnit)

Back