cageymaru

Fully [H]
At Embedded World 2019, AMD unveiled its expanded partner embedded product lines based on its AMD Ryzen V1000 and EPYC 3000 platforms. Embedded GPUs and the SMACH Z handheld gaming console that can be upgraded like a desktop PC were highlights of the event. Advantech announced a partnership between Advantech, AMD, and Mentor, a Siemens business, to make AI technology more accessible and easier to implement. They declared AI technology will take embedded systems to the next level with higher efficiency and smarter systems designed to improve people's lives. The PC Games Hardware interview is in English after the first minute.

Chalk this one up to I did not know that AMD had embedded GPUs, but the segment makes sense. TUL is the manufacturer of the three GPUs based on AMD for the embedded market. These seem to be mostly targeted at multi-output embedded products for features like support for between four and six monitors.

that zsmack is rather crazy.

on another note, seems like amd's design is embraced in embedded and that will drive income for quite a while.
Before consoles that was one of amd's major contributors to revenue and income (excluding RTG).
To this day I see amd Geode in trains, airports and what not!

I agree the Geode still exists. I have been waiting for their ultra low powered processors of the Ryzen line to become available and had planned to use one in my next microserver. All you can find is their old Dozer/Excavator architecture in the embedded format. Allegedly there's a Ryzen board in the wild, but I have yet to see it accessible and affordable. The upside of the AMD processors has always been that their embedded boards had 8-16X available to their PCI-E slots (unlike Intel's 1x to 2x with the Atom/Celeron). Was hoping for the same for Ryzen so I could get my hands on a 4 Core/ 8 Thread 5-10 Watt CPU with GPU and a full bandwidth PCI-E to drop my 8X RAID controller into. I ended up going with a B450 Board and a 51 buck Athlon 2 Core / 4 Thread 35 Watt processor that has integrated graphics.

Back