AMD SATA RAID & overclocking

Evil Scooter

Supreme [H]ardness
I've been on Intel based setups for some time now, believe the last AMD in my main rig was a FX55? Anyway.. just replaced my 9900 with the 5900x setup in my siggy and I'm about to start tweaking it after I get all the data back on the RAID. I have a RAID 1 and 0 running. The intel RAID function was a pill if your system crashed for any reason and wanted to "verify" the RAID data if it detected a crash. Very time consuming if you have a few TB on tap. I got in the habit of disconnecting the SATA drives when I was experimenting with aggressive OC's. Is the AMD RAID as touchy with system crashes?

I've been on Intel based setups for some time now, believe the last AMD in my main rig was a FX55? Anyway.. just replaced my 9900 with the 5900x setup in my siggy and I'm about to start tweaking it after I get all the data back on the RAID. I have a RAID 1 and 0 running. The intel RAID function was a pill if your system crashed for any reason and wanted to "verify" the RAID data if it detected a crash. Very time consuming if you have a few TB on tap. I got in the habit of disconnecting the SATA drives when I was experimenting with aggressive OC's. Is the AMD RAID as touchy with system crashes?
havent used it since fx line but it worked fine and i never had an issue with it. dont think i ever had to rebuild.

FYI. Started some undervolting last night... got a BSOD.... the RAID1 promptly started a verify operation. So it looks to be the same as the Intel integrated.

Any crash requires verification that the array is "clean" - that's even true of most software RAID (or should be). If one of the drives caused the crash, you don't want to do shit with bad data.

FYI. Started some undervolting last night... got a BSOD.... the RAID1 promptly started a verify operation. So it looks to be the same as the Intel integrated.
Had I seen this I'd have told you that would have been the case. This will always happen when the system crashes and you have a RAID array configured.

Oh well.. live and learn. The good news is the AMD RAID software has the option to cancel the whole volume verify.

Back