AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X @ $719 (from $999) @ Amazon

Is there a Threaripper Gen 2 on the way ? is that why they are selling these off cheaper ?

Oh man, I remember lusting after the Threadripper for months on end. Had the money but very hard for me to pull the trigger on a $1,000 want and not a need. Much easier to do at $350. What really made me drool was watching Kyle stuffing that big fat CPU into those plastic guides before inserting and locking that monster down with that tool in 4K video. If you guys don't have a 4K display yet, stop wasting time. It's delish' to watch.

I'm from a time in life where more, bigger, heavier means quality. That CPU looks like the size of a piece of bread!

I'm def going to be looking at the new Threadrippers coming out later this year.

Makes me wonder how intel will handle this new 9700K that is rumored to be 8 Core. Ford just announced they are selling only two cars next year, the Focus and the Mustang. They eliminating lots of other models but keeping their Truck and SUV, Fleet lines. I wonder if Intel will do this. I feel like some serious changes are coming out way over the next few years. So many SKU's.

Anyways, $700 is a crazy good price.

Damn...my 2600k is my main rig. It's had a good life...I will admit I had a hard-on when I first read about Threadripper. I can't say I really need it, but damn...
Will have to start thinking about the next rig. Maybe around Christmas (if memory and GPU prices drop some more!)

Damn...my 2600k is my main rig. It's had a good life...I will admit I had a hard-on when I first read about Threadripper. I can't say I really need it, but damn...
Will have to start thinking about the next rig. Maybe around Christmas (if memory and GPU prices drop some more!)

Looks like memory has a been a little lower the last few weeks. I hope it continues to trend down in price. Summer is typically not the best time of year for companies that sell PC parts and accessories because of the nice weather.

Also, our local Microcenter is absolutely stuffed to the gills with video cards in their cases. Gigabyte, MSI and others are reporting that video card sales are going to be off 40% for April. This is good news in that it will force video card prices down. I expect 1080 ti's to nose dive in the coming weeks.

I have a feeling that Aug / Sept will be a very exciting month to build a new PC. New Intel chips I hope along with new nVidia cards. I'm ready with a handful of cash to throw down!

I'm really wanting 100 - 120fps 4K Ultra settings in all my games

Last edited:
Such a good price, I'm tempted.

Crazy that I can buy it in the US, ship it over to Australia and have it be 30% cheaper than here.

I want to move back to the States so shits not so expensive

Looks like memory has a been a little lower the last few weeks. I hope it continues to trend down in price. Summer is typically not the best time of year for companies that sell PC parts and accessories because of the nice weather.

Also, our local Microcenter is absolutely stuffed to the gills with video cards in their cases. Gigabyte, MSI and others are reporting that video card sales are going to be off 40% for April. This is good news in that it will force video card prices down. I expect 1080 ti's to nose dive in the coming weeks.

I have a feeling that Aug / Sept will be a very exciting month to build a new PC. New Intel chips I hope along with new nVidia cards. I'm ready with a handful of cash to throw down!

Same at my MC. Prices on GPU are still insane tho. It is time for them to start dropping the price cause they not moving. They need to off load before Volta comes out.

Bought two of these when they were on sale for Black Friday. Cannot recommend them anymore at this price point definitely the best enthusiast process or you can buy under $1000 right now.

Man - I will have to watch Microcenter. I live about 40 minutes away. I've got a 970 GPU and a 4K screen. Just got the monitor so I could work from home better...I also haven't had time in the last few months to really play games, which is a good thing as I know a 970 and 4K is not going to work so well.

You guys with TR rigs need to join the [H]orde and help us.

Back