AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X (16-core/32-thread) CPU - $449.99 @ Amazon & NewEgg

Pretty crazy deal.

Now the magic question: Will the 2950X go below $850 in the next few days?

At $450 that 1950X is hard to resist. Half the cost of the 2950X for 95% of the performance?

Last edited:
Showing $599 for me on Amazon

Looks like it went OOS around 7:10 am PT... so lasted about 5 hours. The 1920X that IndyColtsFan mentioned went OOS about 20 minutes before that.

Still on Newegg though...

Even though this is extremely tempting I want the 7nm version with the Spectre fixes and higher clock speed with more cores.

Microcenter has them for 479 + 30 off a mobo effectivly making htem 449 - dammit now I might need a second threadripper...you know...for email.. :D

Microcenter has them for 479 + 30 off a mobo effectivly making htem 449 - dammit now I might need a second threadripper...you know...for email.. :D
Yeah, this is getting ridiculous now. I would have never picked up the 2950x had I known.........$400~ for basically PBO, pfff. (Not to mention the 1700X is also $130 right now at MC as well. Picked one of those up today,. You know.... for email ;-) )

I just purchased this for 449 on Newegg, the sale is back on so hurry and get yours before it goes down again.....

Pretty crazy deal.

Now the magic question: Will the 2950X go below $850 in the next few days?

At $450 that 1950X is hard to resist. Half the cost of the 2950X for 95% of the performance?
They'll probably start running deals on the 2950X when 1950X inventory is mostly gone.

What is the go to cooler for TR? I caved and scrapped my 2700 build for this. Not sure if everyone is running Noctua 14s tr4 or AIO or custom loops. Thsnks

I use the nzxt kraken x62 but any aio or the notchua will work - there is an aio mount in the box with the 1950x for the certain kinds of aio coolers. Mine runs 4.0 ghz on al cores at 1.2 volts all day long..Paired it with some good ram and boom I got me a THUNDERLORD lol :D - ps right now only one aio makes a threadripper that has a copper plate the size of the heat spreader - but mine works just fine - since it covers most of the thermal plate.

I use the nzxt kraken x62 but any aio or the notchua will work - there is an aio mount in the box with the 1950x for the certain kinds of aio coolers. Mine runs 4.0 ghz on al cores at 1.2 volts all day long..Paired it with some good ram and boom I got me a THUNDERLORD lol :D - ps right now only one aio makes a threadripper that has a copper plate the size of the heat spreader - but mine works just fine - since it covers most of the thermal plate.

Good to know. That is what I figured about the universal AIO's, but wasn't sure how much difference there was in thermal performance if the full plate was not covered. I picked up a cheap $30 TR air cooler to see how that does. Then I will move my EVGA 280 AIO over and give that a shot. Most everyone on reddit seemed to be running custom loops. I need more money evidently lol.

These prices are stupid great. :D I have already spent enough money though. ;)

Edit for me: ended up with a 1950x setup, will be running msi carbon pro. What RAM did you guys go with?

prodark 3200 is what I use. Did you snap up that combo somoene posted in the forsale? that was an awesome deal

prodark 3200 is what I use. Did you snap up that combo somoene posted in the forsale? that was an awesome deal
I did. Do you run quad channel? Thinking 4x8gb puts me where I want to be, given current RAM prices. Planning to stick to single rank quad channel, unless compelled otherwise.

nice get! that was an amazing price for the combo if you didn't snap it up I would have :D - yes I run 4 x 8 I am thinking of running 64 gb if i find a good BF CM sale

Back