AMD Ryzen Sales Agency Teases Ryzen 7 3700X and Ryzen 5 3600X

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
As if there wasn’t enough indication the next generation of Ryzen would surface in 2019, a South Korean CPU sales agency has teased and confirmed the nomenclature of the Ryzen 7 3700X and Ryzen 5 3600X in its new campaign, which asks fans to guess their respective Cinebench scores. The contest ends December 14th.

Before I started writing this post, I have reached out to HardwareBattle to ask for details. From what I learned, the contest was neither posted by a PR agency nor AMD employees working on behalf of AMD. I was told this is just a CPU sales agency hired by AMD to do local events and contests.

One of these will most likely replace my 6600k. I feel like 4c/4t is starting to hurt my minimum fps too much.

The occasional boost to MT will be nice for the few times I'll need it and it will also allow me to use at least one VM.
In my experience, one VM on my 6600k drags performance down too much and is not worth it.

Last edited:
Oh man I'm so moist...
This is [H] next year. Kid on the right looking at the camera is Juanrga - AMD cake has girl germs ;)
7nm torte.jpg

The rate that AMD is going I may finally retire my dual e5-2670 v2 system for development and move to a thread ripper in the next 1-2 years. The DDR4 ram still makes me cringe though thinking of buying 256-512gb of it. My current system was about a dollar a gigabyte for ram.

Might there be something coming that will get me to give up my de-lidded 8700k?

I have to admit this is a bit exciting. I'm still totally confused at how AMD is managing to beat Intel to 7nm and smaller by an absolutely massive time frame.

Might there be something coming that will get me to give up my de-lidded 8700k?

I have to admit this is a bit exciting. I'm still totally confused at how AMD is managing to beat Intel to 7nm and smaller by an absolutely massive time frame.

die/chiplet design and the fact that 7nm is a marketing thing, it's closer to 10nm.

I built a cheap family 2200G ITX build a bit back and this gets me excited for a potential upgrade path that won't break the bank should I ever need it.

Selling the 2200G chip for $40-50 is a small loss when considering the upgrade mobility AM4 gives you.

I am just a little sad i will have to wait until MID 2019 for my GFX card, but as the chance of someone releasing a must have game before then are small i think i will manage.
The 1920X will have to stay while i expand on its off site memory banks.

I'm way behind - I'm still using a Sandy Bridge 2600k. I got my money's worth out of this system - looking for my next system to last 5-7 years too.

I only just moved to an 8600k from a 2600k - that SB CPU was the single best tech investment I ever made - well that and the Corsair PSU I bought at the same time which is STILL going strong.

Reactions: mikeo
like this
I'm way behind - I'm still using a Sandy Bridge 2600k. I got my money's worth out of this system - looking for my next system to last 5-7 years too.

Still on my 920 at 3.9 GHz, lol. Just ordered my son a Ryzen 2600/RX 570 8GB build for Christmas though and from the homework I've done just building that, I'm pretty excited to finally replace my own rig next year, probably with this next gen Ryzen stuff. It seems AMD has the budget/value crown now in terms of building a good mid-range PC. I built my X58 rig for around $600 (minus the case and PSU) with mostly used parts from FS/FT back in 2009 (so they were still current-gen parts), but it looks like it would be pretty hard to build a comparable (by today's standards of course) Intel rig due to how convoluted Intel has made their current chipsets, with only certain features being available to certain chips, I'm still not completely versed in all of it though. But regardless, it seems that unless you're going to spend over a grand on a new PC, that AMD is generally the way to go now.

Reactions: GHRTW
like this
Might be eyeing a 3600x or 3700x to replace my 1600 (and turn the 1600 into a HyperV or ESX box)

I am excited. If it turns out to be that substantial I will get the 3700x and retire my 2700X to a budget mobo and give it HTPC / server duties.

My only worries about the 3600x 12core and 3700x 16 core chips are how much heat they can potentially dump out under boost.

I might have to look into a proper watercooling setup :eek:

If the 3700x boosts anywhere close to 5ghz or over, that's going to be the chip I go for. Put it under an AIO and overclock all cores over 5ghz

I want to upgrade but all I do is play DOTA. I probably will end up doing it anyways. :(

Hahaha

Don't worry, he'll find some way to blame the high performance on "cache tricks" or "latency agnosticism" or some other attempt at a buzzword...
Lol it's been funny seeing them trying to use FUD tactics recently to try rain on the parade. Also noticed the frequency of which they come here is beginning to reduce... almost as if they can see the writing on the wall. Shilling against a good thing is a stupid look and counterproductive. Maybe they'll learn that one day..

Lol it's been funny seeing them trying to use FUD tactics recently to try rain on the parade. Also noticed the frequency of which they come here is beginning to reduce... almost as if they can see the writing on the wall. Shilling against a good thing is a stupid look and counterproductive. Maybe they'll learn that one day..

Alternately, perhaps they aren't shills and are interested in potential improvements even from Brand Y which we had previously suspected they were against.

Alternately, perhaps they aren't shills and are interested in potential improvements even from Brand Y which we had previously suspected they were against.
Of course there are genuine enthusiasts like that.
I'm meaning the 'every little thing is bad and never acknowledge any positive moves' crew.

I still don't understand why this is news. Of course there was going to be a R5 3600x and a R7 3700x. What would have been news is core counts and speeds or a Ryzen 9 series part.

Back