AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Unboxing Video [Rumor]

cageymaru

Fully [H]
On the heels of the distribution leak last week, an AMD Ryzen R5 1600 processor unboxing video has made its way onto Youtube. The lighting during the video obscures the markings on the CPU for the most part, but you can see the 1600 on the box label. The cooler looks similar to the one that is included with the 1700; not sure if it has RGB on it though. Wonder how it compares to the 1700 overclocking performance since it started life as a 8 core die? Will the disabled cores allow for higher overclocking? Here are some benchmarks to go with the leak.

Last edited:
Ryzen 1600 benchmark.jpg

I saw on a Reddit thread the other day some guy down in Peru got his paws on a 1600 early. He said it does not have the lightning on the cooler. I have also read elsewhere that only the R7 Ryzens will have the lighting on the cooler.

Ryzen5_cooler.jpg

I'm much more interested in the quad core parts. Fewer cores means less heat, which hopefully means higher clocks.

If you start off at 3.2GHz and OC to 3.9GHz or better then how is that not a decent OC?

You might have to leave out the 'or better' part ;p

I'm all for free performance and the thrill of a daring overclock but I think we can all agree that the gains through overclocking this lineup are extremely limited in contrast to what we have seen play out in the market since p4 days.

However, to argue on your side as well mr. cageymaru, when we get a big fat 16 core, 32 threaded workhorse later this year, every single extra mhz is going to be angels singing, and despite the jaw breaking yawn in gaming, it will make even the occasional content creator salivate.

You might have to leave out the 'or better' part ;p

I'm all for free performance and the thrill of a daring overclock but I think we can all agree that the gains through overclocking this lineup are extremely limited in contrast to what we have seen play out in the market since p4 days.

However, to argue on your side as well mr. cageymaru, when we get a big fat 16 core, 32 threaded workhorse later this year, every single extra mhz is going to be angels singing, and despite the jaw breaking yawn in gaming, it will make even the occasional content creator salivate.
My 6800k intel is no better. At 3.4->4.2

Back