AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Temp Average

Odigo

Gawd
When reading temps do you go by the max number, or by the average? With my case fans on auto my temps can hit a max of 84 while gaming.. averages 70, or lower. While with fans full speed I hit a max of 80. I haven't throttled at all. This is with stock settings.

Mine is around 75c on CCD1 while gaming. I have a 360mm Deepcool AIO. I also have almost a 20c delta between CCDs. Thinking of a repaste but I am out of paste and I see others with large deltas as well.

MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R AIO.. I am running a IO thermal pad instead of paste which I'm sure adds to the elevated temps
yup a few degrees. that cooler is ok. put some paste on it, see how much it drops.

Is there a best way to test if your not getting sufficient cooling? I have a 5900x on a msi x570 tomahawk using a Corsair liquid cooler. The way you install these things sort of screwing it down until it seems good and tight, I’m never sure if I installed it correctly. I haven’t had any shut downs but just still never know.

Is there a best way to test if your not getting sufficient cooling? I have a 5900x on a msi x570 tomahawk using a Corsair liquid cooler. The way you install these things sort of screwing it down until it seems good and tight, I’m never sure if I installed it correctly. I haven’t had any shut downs but just still never know.
monitor your temp with something and if your happy with the temp/noise and the cpu isnt throttling or shutting down, youre good.

Thx
I’m not sure what I can realistically expect though

certainly the temps arent high enough to cause a crash. Not sure how to know if throttling occurs.

thinking of changing the cooler fans to noctura ones bc I hear the accompanying fans

Thx
I’m not sure what I can realistically expect though

certainly the temps arent high enough to cause a crash. Not sure how to know if throttling occurs.

thinking of changing the cooler fans to noctura ones bc I hear the accompanying fans
grab occt and run its hour long test, see what you get. throttling is when the chip gets hot enough to drop below its base speed. losing boost as it gets hotter is normal, under base clock is not.

Does this look appropriate?

C6061EA4-52B0-4BE0-AA85-10218B7FC3C4.jpeg

Thx

what’s the chances that replacing the stock fans for the Corsair liquid cooler reduces noise significantly?

im pretty sure they are the only things I hear

Thx

what’s the chances that replacing the stock fans for the Corsair liquid cooler reduces noise significantly?

im pretty sure they are the only things I hear
theyd probably get you a couple C cooler and quieter.

So I switched to noctua nf-s12b redux 1200 for the two fans on the corsair h100i pro xrt.

looks like my minimum improved but not my max?

C4BFBCA0-775C-41FE-AD43-AC7E4AF50FFB.jpeg

I’m unfortunately not sure how to do that with the Corsair software

either it’s not very intuitive or I haven’t set it up correctly

I’m unfortunately not sure how to do that with the Corsair software

either it’s not very intuitive or I haven’t set it up correctly
"To create a custom fan curve in iCue, click on the "+" sign at the top of the Performance tab. This will create a new, custom fan curve that you can then apply to your fans"
i set mine so they are 25-30% until 45-50c then a straight line to 100% at 75c (based on cpu temp). if you have the option to control based on water temp, i use the same thing but temps are lowered accordingly.

So like this correct?

how do you get it to accept it?

the fans seem to be running faster than I would anticipate for this

can you tell what I’m doing wrong?

thx for the suggestion

26C3F587-3C85-462B-9320-999131F05858.jpeg

So like this correct?

how do you get it to accept it?

the fans seem to be running faster than I would anticipate for this

can you tell what I’m doing wrong?

thx for the suggestion

View attachment 365887
yeah like that. you can lower the base fan speed to get them to what you like. make sure its applied to both fans and id up the pumps speed to the fastest.
what was it defaulted to, balanced? fan speed are probably lower.
ps: if you use windows sniping tool to grab a screen shot, you can paste it into the reply window.

Select the Custom Curve on the left so it is highlighted orange and then click on the fan 1 and 2 in the right hand pane and that will set it to the curve.

Back