AMD Ryzen 9 5900X = $379.99 @ Newegg after instant rebate

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Ryzen cups coming soon? Good price yeah but still a year and a half old cpu... if only gpus were reduced accordingly

Good deal but, if you have access to a Microcenter, even one 3 hours away like me, go there instead. The cpu is $370 there and Newegg has not been behaving well at all. That said, still a good deal OP.

Just your daily reminder to avoid Newegg if possible, they are garbage now.
Wrong... Nice social media herd thinking though. Gamer's nexus ordered an open box mobo, then without ever checking the package returned it and got denied for a damaged item. One instance.

Every vendor screws up sometimes, if you think Newegg is bad never order from Amazon! I've ordered from Newegg since they opened almost (Aug 2001 was my first order) and they've always taken care of me.

Last edited:
Reactions: DPI
like this
Wrong... Nice social media herd thinking though. Gamer's nexus ordered an open box mobo, then without ever checking the package returned it and got denied for a damaged item. One instance.

Every vendor screws up sometimes, if you think Newegg is bad never order from Amazon! I've ordered from Newegg since they opened almost (Aug 2001 was my first order) and they've always taken care of me.
Wrong? They screwed me out of 2k. You can go EAD with your jump to conclusions mat.

You must be new here or purposely trying to deceive people. There have been hundreds if not thousands of reports of people RMAing their stuff to newegg and then are denied for "damage". I still order from newegg occasionally but stick with amazon due to their return policy.

You must be new here or purposely trying to deceive people. There have been hundreds if not thousands of reports of people RMAing their stuff to newegg and then are denied for "damage". I still order from newegg occasionally but stick with amazon due to their return policy.
This is any place, asus was infamous for destroying peoples motherboards and sending them back lol, cisco sold known defective products for a long time. Newegg is just the latest stop in the hate train.

Hey, to whomever wants to buy from Newegg, go for it, you have been warned. To those who want to do better, Microcenter or Amazon is the way to go. To the OP, thanks for taking the time to post this here, regardless.

The driving 3 hours one way part...

I had no issues driving that way and back and was not stupid at all. However, I am also not dumb enough to own a truck that gets 15mpg so........ Oh, and I get %5 off my purchase, I can buy other things well I am there and not have to wait and also enjoy a beautiful drive.

I had no issues driving that way and back and was not stupid at all. However, I am also not dumb enough to own a truck that gets 15mpg so........ Oh, and I get %5 off my purchase, I can buy other things well I am there and not have to wait and also enjoy a beautiful drive.
You do you.

Hey, to whomever wants to buy from Newegg, go for it, you have been warned. To those who want to do better, Microcenter or Amazon is the way to go. To the OP, thanks for taking the time to post this here, regardless.
Lol at calling Amazon a better vendor.

This is any place, asus was infamous for destroying peoples motherboards and sending them back lol, cisco sold known defective products for a long time. Newegg is just the latest stop in the hate train.
This... The mob will rabble rabble around something else soon enough.

You do you.
Yup everyone has their limits, when Frys was still in business I dredded having to drive 45 minutes to go there, and gas was like $2/gallon then!! Granted Frys rarely had spectacular "only available here" type deals but still. My nearest Microcenter is like 7 hours away, and that's a big no way in MFing hell drive for me

Yup everyone has their limits, when Frys was still in business I dredded having to drive 45 minutes to go there, and gas was like $2/gallon then!! Granted Frys rarely had spectacular "only available here" type deals but still. My nearest Microcenter is like 7 hours away, and that's a big no way in MFing hell drive for me

Well, I would not drive 7 hours one way, unless there was also something else there that I could enjoy and perhaps stay overnight. A little less than 3 hours on Interstate 90 from Buffalo to Cleveland is a very pleasant and relaxing drive.

Yes, I do call Amazon a better vendor because that is what I wrote. Of course, I buy from sold by Amazon so......
They comingle inventory. Who you select us meaningless there when there are also third party sellers. They also do little if your shipment is late, ban you for doing a couple of returns, and often have counterfeits or broken/swapped-item returns sold as new.

Amazon is a last resort for me nowadays.

Lol, six hour round trip with $5 a gallon gas plus your time.

4$ a gallon in a car that gets upwards of 40mpg on the highway and a relaxing drive by myself? Most definitely enjoyable but then again, I consider a trip like that to be very much worth my time and not much in the use of gas, even with the prices as they are now.

4$ a gallon in a car that gets upwards of 40mpg on the highway and a relaxing drive by myself? Most definitely enjoyable but then again, I consider a trip like that to be very much worth my time and not much in the use of gas, even with the prices as they are now.
Where I live, a 3 hour car ride gets me to the end of the block :(

Not sure why he's so intent on defending a garbage company. I also have had 20 years of purchases from Newegg but now I'm not a "reliable source."

Not sure why he's so intent on defending a garbage company. I also have had 20 years of purchases from Newegg but now I'm not a "reliable source."

Yeah, I do not need to put my hand in the fire to know I will get burned. I also went onto the reddit Newegg sub and actually, the customer experience has become considerably worse since the last time I checked it out.

I order from Newegg still. Known brands with good service aren't an issue. As far as returns go, I've had two EVGA cards from Newegg not work new out of the box. Not damaged in shipping and no signs they had been opened. So, nothing like what GM and others are reporting. Both RMA'd to EVGA with no issues. I've had an EVGA card ordered directly from them have to be RMA'd out of the box, too.

Amazon, on the other hand, is clearly sending open box and damaged merchandise all the time. I've had to contact them routinely when buying new items and seeing clearly they are open box.

To each their own.

Anything on sale today? Evga's got overpriced B stock.

Well, I would not drive 7 hours one way, unless there was also something else there that I could enjoy and perhaps stay overnight. A little less than 3 hours on Interstate 90 from Buffalo to Cleveland is a very pleasant and relaxing drive.
Well it is in SoCal so I could go to Disneyland or something but man there goes any savings

Well it is in SoCal so I could go to Disneyland or something but man there goes any savings

Six Flags Magic Mountain is just north of LA if you're into that sort of thing, and you can pick up a box of oranges while your there, too!

Some people have better things to do with their time than to drive 6 hours to buy the same product they can order for the same price in a few seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back