AMD Ryzen 9 4950X "Vermeer" Tested, the Sample Boosts to 4.8 GHz

Hopefully we'll find out soon how it really compares, but this gives me hope that they may have finally closed their last deficit to Intel. Will be interesting to see though, but I'm still waiting on real benchmarks to see if it'll be worth upgrading my 3700x.

These AMD CPUs are going to suck. Stop hyping them up. Last thing we need are scalpers botting these completely trash tier CPUs.
I decided to try to help your cause

Untitled.png

Very disappointing performance from AMD! (scalpers take note)

If it'll be mediocre performance, why would scalpers even take notice? You mates must've replied to wrong thread. Previous page praises performance
Proof of statement
I know it can be difficult, especially if English isn't your first language (And even when it is!!), but they were being sarcastic... like saying scalpers won't buy them up if they are not great CPU's, so if we tell all the scalpers their performance is going to suck, then maybe they won't buy them all and we can actually get our hands on them. They weren't trying to say the performance was actually bad, just that we need to tell the scalpers that ;).

These AMD CPUs are going to suck. Stop hyping them up. Last thing we need are scalpers botting these completely trash tier CPUs.

The important context is here I bolded. Obviously if they were trash and nobody wanted them, why would he be concerned about scalpers botting them? Reason, he's being sarcastic and saying if we don't hype it up, maybe we won't have to compete against the bots.

I know it can be difficult, especially if English isn't your first language (And even when it is!!), but they were being sarcastic... like saying scalpers won't buy them up if they are not great CPU's, so if we tell all the scalpers their performance is going to suck, then maybe they won't buy them all and we can actually get our hands on them. They weren't trying to say the performance was actually bad, just that we need to tell the scalpers that ;).

The important context is here I bolded. Obviously if they were trash and nobody wanted them, why would he be concerned about scalpers botting them? Reason, he's being sarcastic and saying if we don't hype it up, maybe we won't have to compete against the bots.

Glad I didn’t reply any further I would have really looked stooooped.

Way to go and ruin it by tipping off the scalpers! /s (in case any meters are still broken)

On a more serious note I'm having a hard time believing those numbers, I know the 3700x wasn't best single core performer in the last round but 27% is still a bigger boost than I would expect.

Way to go and ruin it by tipping off the scalpers! /s (in case any meters are still broken)

On a more serious note I'm having a hard time believing those numbers, I know the 3700x wasn't best single core performer in the last round but 27% is still a bigger boost than I would expect.
Well, they did double the floating point performance per core, so depending on the load it it's possible. Also with the more accessible L3 cache, slightly higher boosts, IPC improvements from new architecture, it could add up to some decent gains. This is a single point of data, so I still take it with a large grain of salt, but it's good to see non the less. I was assuming 15% would be more common, but no data to back up my thoughts :p

Well, they did double the floating point performance per core, so depending on the load it it's possible. Also with the more accessible L3 cache, slightly higher boosts, IPC improvements from new architecture, it could add up to some decent gains. This is a single point of data, so I still take it with a large grain of salt, but it's good to see non the less. I was assuming 15% would be more common, but no data to back up my thoughts :p
I’m hoping it’s not enough to justify ditching my 3900x

I’m hoping it’s not enough to justify ditching my 3900x
Yeah, I just bought 2 3700x's, one in July and one in August, worst case I'll just wait for decent availability and upgrade. I'm sure I can pass my CPU down to my wife or kids box, or even replace my home server with one.

going to get one first day if i have to mug everyone in mesquite and arlington to get one.

jk.

This. I JUST got in on the 3900x game. Bought used but even then still not cheap!
Still got my og 1600. I'd be happy with a 4500x 5500x tbh, but will be looking at 4600 5600.

Last edited:
I'm happy with my 3900X, if it's a significant improvement then I might update a few years in the future after AM5 happens.

Still got my og 1600. I'd be happy with a 4500x tbh, but will be looking at 4600.
I have my 2 new 3700x in desktops (on itx and one atx) and still have my 1600 I out back in its box wondering what to do with it, rebuild my wife's old box or pass to one of the kids or replace my server, so so many choices.

Back